Im back/38

Chaewon couldn't concentrate properly no matter how hard she tried. She began to bite her nails anxiously and bounce her legs up and down. Tears of frustration began to prick her eyes. She looked up at the clock and realised it was half past seven in the evening, dead silence in the empty school. Whilst packing up, her phone rang. It was Jeno.

"Hello?" She placed the phone in between her ear and shoulder, continuing to put her books into her bag.

"Where are you?"

"At school. Why?" By now, Chaewon was walking outside and through the gates of her school."

"Really? It's late and dark outside. Are you okay?" His worried tone made her smile.

"Im fine Jeno, I'm waiting for my bus."

"Oh okay. Wait stay there I'm coming."

"What-" She was cut off by Jeno hanging up the phone.

The pair calmly walked through the quiet alleyway. It was moments like these which she loved. "Why did you come outside this late?" She asked, looking up at his handsome face.

"Because I felt worried for you. It's dark and you were going home alone."

Her heart fluttered.

𝘏𝘦..𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥? 𝘉𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦?

They were both talking as they continued to walk, he kept teasing her about an embarrassing incident that happened many years ago.

They finally reached Chaewon's house. She turned around to look at him, realising how beautiful he looked in the moonlight. His hands were shoved in his jacket pockets as he stared down at her with a small smile.

She glanced away from Jeno to look at the time on her phone. Ten past eight.

"I'm going to go inside now, text me when you get home okay?"

She looked effortlessly pretty, ethereal even. And he couldn't take his eyes off of her. He tried to ignore the butterflies in his stomach but couldn't. Her adorable round eyes, flushed cheeks and nose, naturally pouty lips. Beautiful.

"O-oh okay. Bye Chae." He gave her one last smile before walking off into the distance.

Were they really just friends?

𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏, 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚:𝙄𝙢 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠?𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙩𝙗𝙝 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝𝙀𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮!