chapter 15

SEASON TWO

"Capital R Rake

"Capital R Rake."
【15】

The new season was among us and the Bridgerton's chattered around Eloise's door, now was her time to shine as her sister did. And there was no getting out of it. Hope was somewhere off handling business god knows where, she's been gone for nearly three months.

Daphne, now a mother to her new son Auggie, tried peaking throughout any crack. "No offense sister, but you are the last person she'd like to see." Benedict said, his shaggy hair now cleanly cut, his jaw was chiseled and his shoulders and chest were more broadened then before. On his neck he wore matching gold necklace with the letter 'B', hung on the chain.

It had indeed been a year, making Hope twenty one.

"What does that mean?" Daphne said, nearly offended. "Are we sure she's in there?" Hyacinth asked. "Of course she is. Where else would she be?" Francesca said with furrowed eyebrows. The talking ceased to quiet, annoying notions were fluttered around like an unwanted child.

"You do realize that I left my husband and child home for this." Daphne argued. "I told you this would happen, now we're late for the queen." Anthony said with a roll of his eyes. Francesca hushed the man before suddenly, the door to the room opened, a string of well irritated handmaidens filed out.

Then suddenly they revealed the breathtaking Eloise who stood in a white dress with gold trimmings.

A white feather puffed up from her bun. She stood uncomfortably. The Bridgerton's all held their looks of awe. "If one of you utters a single word..." She said before pulling at the long train of fabric connected to her dress. She stomped out of the room and passed everyone.

"Let's just get this over with." Eloise said.

The men rode a different carriage than the females. Anthony, Benedict, and Gregory all rode in one carriage together.

"My task this season cannot be exceptionally difficult. Hastings did it after all how hard can it be?" He said with a shrug of his shoulders. Benedict pouted playfully before placing a hand over his chest. "Ah. Spoken with such feeling too." He said, looking over at Gregory who smiled.

"I do not need feeling." Anthony said with a roll of his eyes. "What I need is what I have, and that is a list. Tolerable, dutiful, suitable enough hips for childbearing, and at least half a brain." He said, glancing out the carriage.

"And that last part is not so much a requirement but a preference, in fact."

Benedict snored loudly and Anthony flicked his knee, causing him to sit up laughing. "This is not a laughing matter. Maybe if Hope were here you'd straighten up." He hissed, looking away, nearly pouting like a child.