moon

Silver spoon pov

I ended up agreeing to cabby's little favor, and I participated with almost everything my team was doing, along with that I had notes on the manipulation tactics of almost every cult, so that I wouldn't fall victim to whatever they tried to do to me.
Today I decided to join in on their meditation session, and it was weird to say the least.. Nobody other than candle spoke, and everyone was acting SUPER nice!

“Now everyone, breathe and think of your favorite place, that's where I can lead you, I just need your help.”

I sat there with my eyes closed, pretending to do as she said

“Now, as you all know, the strawberry supermoon is coming up, and once that happens we will gather more people to connect to, and I know we’ll have enough reach to bring out all of our inner flames.”

What.. the fuck? Ok, so , they believe something as trivial as this, but, they aren't offering anyone's lives up, so I guess they're fine?

“Some of us may need to connect a bit more before the strawberry supermoon arrives, so I just want them to know, I will always find out what your motives are.”
candles voice darkened, almost as if she knew why I was here. A shiver climbed up my spine.

Ok, so maybe she's a bit creepy, but that doesn't mean anything. After we were done with the weird meditation, I went to go write a report of sorts, marking down unusual things to mention to cabby.
Thankfully, we only did challenges about once a week, but that creates a problem for me.. What in the world am I supposed to do now?!
“Silver. We need to talk.” I heard candles normally calming voice, but this time it seemed to have a twinge of disgust.. I tried to say some form of ok, but all i could do was stand. I couldn't let her know how terrified I was.
Candle led me to the volcano.

“I'm so proud of how you have finally connected with the team, but I have a favor i need you to do."

".. what?"
"Tell bow that I need to visit with her."
A wave of relief crashed over me
"Alright, is that all you require from me?"
"Yes, that's all, now be on your way."
I walked away from the volcano and looked around for the short ball of energy that everyone calls bow, and eventually I found her looking at blueprints for something
"Hey, candle needs you."
"Uhm, first off like, rude. Second, I'm busy, I might talk to her in a bit if I have the time."
Bow seemed a bit off, but I couldn't afford to care.
I waited around, doing various things that my team wanted, and eventually the sun started to set.
Everyone gathered around a campfire for candle to tell a story

"I have a story to tell, about someone who had refused to connect. They had gone into the woods to avoid it, and ended up at an abandoned building. Sadly that building was not actually abandoned. Something walked up to them and mauled them."

What the fuck, was that meant to be scary?
Soon enough, the sun had set, and
Everyone had gone to sleep.
I guess now would be the best time to talk to cabby, so I gathered up my notes on what happened today and went to the pic nix table, as always. 
As soon as cabby showed up I gave her the notes.
"Silver. I'm sorry to tell you, but you need to gain candles trust. once you get up in the ranks and find out what in the world is going on, we'll meet up."
"That wasn't our original arrangement.."
"But I'll do it."
I went back to my team and slept, thinking about how I could keep this act up.