a dull shadow

A sharp splintery snap was heard through the air as the top and bottom half of paintbrush was split in two. Candle stood there, breathing heavily. She didn't think anybody could find out. She thought she had made it perfect. Her mind ran as she thought, about what went wrong with the plan, and what to do now.
She had to hide this. Lord knows what would happen if anyone else found out.
She wished she had planned ahead, maybe then paintbrush wouldn't be dead, maybe then if this happened she would know what to do.

In a moment of panic, and pure adrenaline, she chucked paintbrushes lifeless body out into the ocean. Two loud splashes were heard, and she went back to her meditation.

________
A week later
_____________silver pov_

It's been a week since I've seen paintbrush, and I knew that they were dead, but we hadn't found their body and.. well I guess I was holding on to the fact that there was a slim chance that they could have survived.
I hoped, that no matter how hard and impossible it seemed to have survived that madwoman, they escaped.
But there was nothing I could do. I couldn't go up to her and confront her, that's the same thing they did and they're not here.

I guess I should make a plan.
I'm going to need some Intel first.
Partly from cabby, and partly from candle trusting me.
Which means I've got to be her right hand man for a bit.
I get up from my seat to look for her.
I ended up at the beach, still searching for my fake aly.
I found her, meditating in front of the ocean, looking so peaceful.

I sat by her, and watched as the salty ocean air blew against her flame. That was until she opened her eyes.
       I snapped my posture to be my usual snobby self.
"Sleeping on the beach? Is this a common trend among you clinically insane?"
I tried to insult her meditation, but honestly, I don't think I could stay so peaceful.

She chuckled  "oh, silver, I'm meditating! You're welcome to join if you want." She smiled warmly

I knew I would have to do this, but I never really got the point of it. "Of course, but can you explain what it's for?"

"Well, someones curious." She said teasingly
"But to answer your question,  people have different reasons. Where most people do it for a sense of peace, I do it to answer my questions, and get in touch with myself."
Her reason was a bit odd, but whatever.

"So, what should I do?"

"Well, we can start with something easy. First, sit criss-cross."

I crossed my legs, as I was already sitting

"Second, put your hands in your lap, and relax your body"

I realized she was doing what she was saying as she instructed, I did as she said.

"Third, close your eyes and focus on your thoughts."

I did as she said once more closing my eyes
I wonder if she likes meditating with me, does she do any other things? Maybe she bakes, oh what if she has a garden? Nah, last time a nice person did that there was an issue with severed limbs.

"Four. Try to breathe, and focus on one thought at a time."

Her voice is really nice.
She definitely makes this 'meditation' thing better.
Maybe we could do this more often.

After what seemed like decades, I opened my eyes. I was about to fall asleep.. well, I'll probably be up before she's done. I like down on the course sand, and let the sound of the ocean put me to sleep .