rising

Silver pov
I sat in bed, candle by me, she was sleeping peacefully. How could she sleep? Did she not know what was going on? There's a killer on the loose! I don't want to die, there's so much I haven't done.. I got up from the bed and decided I had to find a way to stop her.
That's when my vision shifted towards the volcano. Somebody was on the edge.
I ran as fast as I could, breath heavy from my own panic, I could barely feel my legs.
Right near the top my legs gave out, but I wouldn't give this up. I got back onto my numb wobbly legs and walked up to the top of the volcano.

Yin yang snapped their head towards me as I sat down to let my legs rest.

Yin yang spoke up
"Why are you here DID YOU COME TO PUSH ME IN?"

"What? No! I just wanted to ask why you were up here, and make sure you don't fall in."

"Candle told us the story of her magic. WE'RE TRYING IT OUT!"

"Yin yang. Don't."

"Oh yin yang dont do this, do that, no you can't eat the pizza! WE'RE TIRED OF YOU BOSSY PEOPLE. We'll be so powerful! YOU'LL FINALLY LET ME DO WHAT I WANT!"

As their long speech of how nobody listens to them kept going I noticed them backing towards the volcanoes entrance
I jumped up to my legs to run after him

They jumped from surprise.
I lunge out to catch them. But i was too late. They fell into the molten hot lava.
I heard two different voices mix into a scream of pure agony. Another innocent person, no, people gone. Maybe i am a murderer, a posh, snobby, murderer.

I sat at the top of the volcano, looking at the stars. How was I supposed to tell everyone about yin yang?

As my eyes started to shut, the sun finally rose.

"SILVER!"

I was jolted awake

"Candle?"

I saw candle above me, looking more excited than usual..
"What's going on?" I inquired

"Soo you know about the supermoon? And the stage?"

I nodded, unsure.

"I'm hosting a party, and I even got our islands biggest talents."

I sat up
"Well, who's it going to be?"

"Well, test tube is showing an invention to gain limbs, and cabby's doing burns on everyone and you'll be-"

"What? Candle you know I can't go up there-"

"You're the only musical talent here, silver."

I let out a sigh

"What am I doing.."

"Oh, well that's simple! You and I'll sing one of my favorites. It's called Sedona, now c'mon! The show starts at sunset!"

Candle grabbed my wrist and led me to the stage and we started practicing, me messing up a million times and her explaining how to fix it, turns out she had a performance planned, she blindfolded me and I was supposed to stay singing, no matter what. I couldn't see what she was doing, but I was assuming some sort of magic..

We practiced 10 times in a row, before lunch came around.

Candle took off my blindfold
"We gotta get everyone else to set up party stuff, uh where's our party planner?"

"Who are they?"

"Yin yang"

My heart sunk.
I saw candle stare into my eyes, and read me like an open book.

"How did he.."
Tears threatened to fall from her eyes

I took a deep breath to keep my composure.
"He jumped into the- the volcano.. I.. tried to stop him. I'm so so sorry."

Candle hugged me tightly, but of course it didn't last long. She pulled away quickly, wiping tears from her eyes.
She straightened up

"Well! I can't dwell on it. This is a very important event, nobody can know yin yang is gone."

I nodded

We both set up the party in a way that would emulate the way yin yang would have. Half of the stuff splattered with paint, the other half neat and aesthetically pleasing.

The sun finally started to set, and candle put the blindfold on me and sat me down in the audience.
I was confused as to why, but in her mind, it was probably to make sure I wouldn't run off somewhere.
Soon I heard a crowd gather. Candle took my blindfold off and we sat by each other

Test tube walked on stage. Fan carrying a box up behind her.
"good eveni-" test tube was interrupted by fan tripping down the steps after getting the box up

Test tube shot him a small glare, he just waved back.

She looked back to the crowd and cleared her throat
"good evening everyone!"
Various replies roared through the crowd.
"Have you ever wondered, what could your future be like?"

"We'll.. presenting the future phone!"

"Its vr, but instead of a game it's your future!"
Test tube walks down the steps, almost tripping on fan, who was sulking about his fall
She handed me the set as she said

"Only thing is, you can't tell anyone the future, or try to prevent it. Pesky time loops.."

I put the headset on and it took a second to load.

I couldn't see anything, candle encouraged me to keep singing as I heard the screaming of the crowd.
The air was cold and I couldn't feel the ground. I was scared, but that just made me louder. Soon my blindfold slipped off and I saw that-

I took off the headset at the eerie thought of.. nevermind. I handed the headset to test tube, and ran as far as my legs would take me, my breath hitched, breathing in cold air, yet I felt like I was holding my breath. I collapse near the beach, letting my saltwater tears mix with the ocean as thoughts of the future racked my brain. Everything my mind would bring up made my breath sitting in my lungs more. I didn't know what was wrong, but nonetheless I started drinking the water in front of me, letting the salt go down my sore throat, and calm my nerves somehow.