CHAPTER 3 : FOREST

Erzana enjoys singing as her favorite interest. However, it is a juvenile song that is solely upon David.

Erzana performs a song.

"Papa is Papa... Papa loves Erzana," she continues, and David seems disturbed by her song.

"Erzana, you're quite loud. I got trapped in this forest and yet, I went far away with you and remained misplaced again," David complained, troubled by Erzana's humming and distracted since he constantly keeps forgetting where he might go and doesn't recall the spots that they've previously been there before.

"Erzana will always follow Papa," Erzana said cheerfully and added, Erzana will obey all of Papa's orders."

"Follow, huh?" David is skeptical and follows by asking her, "Then, do you then have the power to locate my kingdom?"

"Hmmm... Erzana has no idea," Erzana replied and chuckled.
 David sighs, knowing Erzana is unable to assist him.

"Okay, we'll go again. I'm not sure where I am, Erzana. Do you even have a map of this forest?"

 David inquired riskily, even though Erzana had no idea.

Erzana shakes her head and rolls her eyes, indicating that she has nothing.

"So, Erzana? Do you have nothing? Come on, I want to get out of this wilderness," David whines and complains once again.

Erzana makes a plaintive expression. David can't resist Erzana since she's adorable. Erzana feared that David would reject her. So David catches and holds her by the hand gently and puts her in his backpack. 

At that time, he is not carrying a bag or anything with him. Erzana falls at the land since he didn't bring anything else with him. Spirits like Erzana do not vanish or die when they descend from the sky to the ground, but they can feel the injury. Erzana drops and screams.

"Papa no longer loves Erzana. Papa no longer cares about Erzana. Papa hates Erzana. Erzana will be alone again," Erzana continued to wail.

David does nothing except attempt to reassure and console Erzana. He even carries her as if she were a baby. Erzana is still sobbing. He is at a loss for what to do until he recalls her mother singing her a lullaby to soothe his younger baby brother and younger newborn baby and put them to sleep. 

Then, he soothes her with a song, usually sung by her old mother, and Erzana begins to sleep and yawns like a baby. She was just five years old in mental and physical appearance despite her original age, over a thousand years.

In his previous life, his tutors taught him about survival and how to remain alive in the wild, so David chose to set up camp near the woods and harvest it. 

It was now sunset, and he recognized and prepared for the fact that they would constantly be in danger owing to the nature of the jungle. Erzana is still sound sleeping. As long as David gazing at her, she's adorable.

He's too hungry because his table was full of meals and beverages before he departed, and he hasn't been visited by hunger. He also starts a fire at dusk. Erzana is still asleep when a boar passes by, only when it spots him. 

As it prepares to attack him, the boar yells. David is afraid, but he reminds himself that he must protect Erzana at all costs. He suddenly remembered what his father, King Ash, had told him about typical monster attacks.

Normal creatures, such as the boar. The boar charges at him and attempts to kill him. David prepares his hand, grabbing the boar's horns and tossing them into the flames. The board is howling in agony as it burns its skin to death.

He's too hungry to cook it, so he chooses to burn it. He first removes the boar's fur before burning the flesh. He then eats it and leaves some food for Erzana.

When he wakes up, it is daylight. He forgets he's in a monster-infested forest and rushes to find Erzana, and saw her eating at the spot where he'd left the cooked boar.