It Whispers, It Wills

~~~~

Grian's pov

The season started like an average season. The first few days had been spent gathering basic resources, starting a chest monster, killing Scar an obscene amount of times, etc. Grian had begun studying alchemy, and was borrowing books from Scar.  

"So, what are you guys planning on building for your starter base?" Mumbo asked. "I think I'm going to build a vault." 

"I'm not quite sure yet." Grian went over a few ideas in his head, trying to answer his friend's question. Maybe some sort of floaty thing, or maybe a tunnel system? Grian thought to himself. And then, in a voice that wasn't quite his, he thought, What if I build a boulder? No, I don't think- he started to say in his head, but then the not-quite-his-mental-voice cut him off. No. You will build a weird boulder.  

This is Mumbo's pov now. I'm probably going to switch povs a lot since it's the only way my brain wants to work. 

"I'm going to build a boulder," Grian decided, after a few seconds. But the voice he spoke in seemed to have a slight overlap with a deeper voice, like something was speaking through Grian. There was a deeper, older, more dangerous tone.

Mumbo gave his friend an odd look, but decided to ignore it. After all, his avian friend had done stranger things in the past. 

Yes, Grian is an avian in this. I'm sorry I keep interrupting. This is my first fanfic, so please have some patience. I will shut up now and let you read. 

Also, it's back to Grian's pov

Grian began collecting resources for his build. It seemed that the not-quite-his-voice (he had decided to refer to it as the Entity)* wanted him to build it a body. Seeing as it had partial control over his mind, he didn't really have a choice. 

Once he had all of the resources ready, he began building.  

It's Scar's pov so be prepared

Scar had been working on his tree for a while. He was a tree elf after all. The elf was taking a break when he noticed Grian out the window. He's been working on that build non-stop for days. I better go see if he's ok. 

Scar walked over to where Grian was working. 

"Hey, Grian," he shouted up at the man. Seeing that Grian didn't respond, he used his elytra to get up to where Grian was working. Grian still hadn't noticed him. Scar walked over to the hermit. His friend looked skinnier than usual, and sleep deprived. Scar put his hand on Grian's shoulder.

"You looked like you haven't had a break in a while. Why don't you come over to my place and have a cookie?" 

Grian just swatted Scar's hand away, and turned to look at him. Grian's eyes were glowing slightly cyan. He spoke in an odd voice, like Grian was speaking with both his voice and a deeper one. "I'm working right now. We can eat when I'm done. For now, you will leave." 

Disturbed by his friend, Scar turned around slowly, and flew off. 

A few hours later, it seemed Grian finished. Slightly wary of what had happened before, Scar went to where his friend was standing, seemingly admiring his work. 

"Nice rock," Scar said, cautiously.  

"How did it get here?" Grian asked.

"What do you mean?"  

"I started building my starter base, and then things sorta went fuzzy, and now I'm here, tired and hungry and there's a giant boulder in front of my chest monster." 

"You just spent three days, back to back building this. What do you mean you don't know how it got here?" 

"Never mind," Grian said, shaking his head, "I must just be really tired." 

"Why don't you come over to my tree for some cookies and a break, like I recommended earlier?"  

Grian still looked slightly confused, but came over anyway. They discussed various things that had been happening lately on the server. Then, after Grian had had some cookies and a nap, Scar brought up what had happened earlier. 

"So, now that you're not tired and starving, what happened?" Scar asked his friend. 

"Like I said earlier, I don't know. I started work on my base and then it was like I fainted, but when I woke up, there was a large boulder in front of me. I was standing there, trying to figure out what happened, and then you came over and asked me," Grian replied. 

"Come on, Grian. It's not funny. I actually need to know what happened. You've pranked me, so now tell me the truth," Scar said, beginning to get annoyed with the prankster.  

Grian's pov

Not knowing how else to describe it, Grian decided it would be better if he just left the subject. He told Scar that he needed to get started on the interior of the boulder. He quickly defenestrated himself from Scar's window, and flew over to the Entity. 

~~~~

Notes:

*Breaks fourth wall*

Wait I have an idea so I don't run out of fourth wall duct tape

*Comes back with a door*

Now I have a fourth wall door

Please let me know if you want me to keep breaking the fourth wall or if it ruins the story.

*Meep: *breaks through the fourth wall* 

Finally, I can stop writing that name. 

Entity: wtf are you doing here? We're talking about me controlling Grian, not your laziness 

Meep: oops. I'll leave now *leaves and duct tapes the fourth wall*

Anyways, on to the next chapter.

~~~~