Random Fun Facts

~~~~

This is just going to be a list of random fun facts about how I wrote this and interesting little side notes of story that didn't get put in instead of a QnA.

1. Most of this was written on my phone, and the first 17 chapters or so were written at night.

2. There was going to be a chapter that involved the April fool's pranks but it got scrapped. However, Tango was going to have a pov in it, but since it got scrapped, he didn't get one. This is why he's one of the seven.

3. I had a very different plan for this when I started it. I think this is better though.

4. The little bit of stone that remained on Grians's neck was a thing because the Entity still had a little bit of his soul. This goes away after Grian kills it. Grian doesn't notice this for a while because of grief. Also plot convenience for symbolism.

5. Xisuma's coffin was very weirdly built to accommodate for the fact that he was turned to stone kneeling and couldn't lie down.

6. The graves are still there. Do with that what you will.

7. The Entity's pronouns are it/its mostly because I was too lazy to try and work that into conversations.

8. There was another chapter that got scrapped where a handful of the hermits helped Grian build a nice room for him to stay in. This got trashed because a: it wasn't working out, and b: while yes, he had a very bad experience on top of losing the dead gang, the other hermits lost those people too. They shouldn't have to set it aside. It's not realistic (I say in a fantasy world like anything's realistic). 

9. Grian didn't wash his hair for a while because when he did it made the leaves grow.

10. The weird thing in one of the corners of the room Grian stayed in at Gem's was the coffins under a sheet. This was not my idea. Blame my friends.

11. My writing speed is horrendous. If I remember my math correctly, while I was writing, I typed about a word every six seconds. 

12. As previously stated, I originally thought that Possessed was only going to be about 10-15 chapters long, maybe 20 if I stretched it out. Looks like I was very wrong.

13. The longest thing I had written before this was about six pages long.

14. The Google doc of this is roughly 85 pages, including trashed chapters and notes.

15. This all started from one price of fanart which lead me to look at more which lead me to reading fanfics about the Entity which lead me to not finding a fic I was looking for which lead me to writing Possessed.

16. I almost showed this to my ELA teacher for extra credit.

17. Because of this, I know a lot about getting shot in the foot.

18. You might have noticed that everyone is stronger when they are being possessed. This is because the Entity basically ignores the limits that their body should have in addition to some magical boosts.

19. The Entity is really fun to write.

20. The Entity can't talk verbally. It can only speak into people's minds.

21. You also might have noticed that some of the books in the astral library are real books. It's an interdimensionale library, so it collected those books from other places.

22. Yes, there are a lot of inconsistencies, especially surrounding magic. There's not much I can do about them now.

23. The color of the fireworks in the epilogue were predominantly yellow and green. This is to show bees and trees. This is from the alethiometer in His Dark Materials. These were the best symbols I could find for growth, teamwork, and life.

24. Everytime a character's name has been misspelled it has been intentional.

25. Possessed was published on AO3 about 2 or 3 days earlier than Wattpad because I couldn't figure out how to set up a story on mobile.

26. Everyone got their various lost body parts back, like Tango's eye and stuff, except Pearl, because she's the bearer of the subtle knife and she doesn't get her fingers back.

Also, big thanks to my friends who helped me out. Possessed wouldn't exist without them.

Well, that's the wrap! If you have any questions after this, feel free to ask. Otherwise, for the last time in Possessed, bye!

     -Meep

~~~~