Chapter 22: Showdown

~~~~

Oh boy oh boy have I got a content warning for you

Cw: blood, death, gore, violence, pain, blood, and swearing

:)

Also, this chapter will be done in everyone's pov, so if some events are repeated and you are confused, I have warned you, so it's your fault. Edit: this isn't quite true it's just from a few pics. However, the time thing still applies.

~~~~

Grian's pov

"We made it. We finally f-ing made it," Grian announced. The seven had arrived at the coordinates. In front of them stood an end city-like structure. It had the same odd, sort of tree shaped design to it, but bulkier and stronger. The oddest part was that the gate stood wide open.

"Wow. This should be easy. The Entity left the entrance wide open," Scar commented absentmindedly.

Mumbo smacked his forehead. "Do you understand jinxes? You've just cursed us!"

"Oh. Oops," Scar apologized, furrowing his brow, "Wait, aren't you supposed to knock on wood before you say that?"

Mumbo just stood there and blinked for a few seconds before muttering, "Well, crud."

"Well, I don't believe in jinxes, so let's just keep going," False reasoned as she walked toward the gate. The seven all pulled out their weapons as they crept forward.

Scar's pov

Everything was quiet. Too quiet. Every single hair on Scar's body was raised. He felt like a million eyes were watching him.

A rustling sound pricked Scar's ears. He spun around, drawing his bow. His gaze flicked around. Nothing.

"Scar, did you find something?" Grian inquired.

"No, I just thought I heard something. It must've just been our clothing rustling," the elf replied. He lowered his bow, but did not return his arrow to his quiver.

The seven continued along.

They walked through the front gate. The front room had a floor mostly made of blackstone, with a walkway of end stone and carpet running along the middle. At the end of the hallway, there was a staircase that went up two levels. Going up to the first level, it went straight. At the end of that set of stairs, there was a huge set of double doors. Two more staircases went up on either side. There was a conduit dangling from the middle of the ceiling like a chandelier.

"Those doors must be the entrance to the throne room," Mumbo observed.

They all walked down the hall and up the grand staircase.

"Ready?" Tango asked, putting a hand on the door.

"Set," continued X, preparing to open the other door.

"Go," Grain finished. 

Tango's pov

The seven burst through the tall double doors.

Tango's body froze mid-charge.

His muscles just stopped. He tried moving, but found that his limbs wouldn't respond. The only thing he could move were his eyes.

He looked down at his body to make sure that he wasn't decapitated. Luckily, his body was still intact.

His body also happened to be glowing slightly cyan.

He looked around. The others were stuck and glowing too. Great.

Tango looked around the throne room. It had a similar design to the entry hall, but it had pillars along the sides of the walk way. The ceiling was arched. There were conduits in between the columns. At the end of the carpet-walk was the Entity sitting cross legged on a throne. Its form was shadowy, like how its ghost army had looked in the hologram scroll.

"Well well well. If it isn't my favorite toys," the Entity said. The voice sounded wrong, like it was speaking directly into his brain instead of making any noise. It was smirking. "Looks like my little minions didn't deal with you. That's too bad. Though really, it will be more fun to have a little last stand," the Entity made a pouty face, "Give the poor wittle heros a fighting chance."

Grian looked like he was trying to snarl, but couldn't. Tango was pretty sure Grian was about to burn holes through the Entity with his glare.

"Let's get right to it. Chop chop!" it clapped its hands.

Then the oddest sensation that Tango had ever felt went through his nerves. His body was moving without him telling it to. His legs jerked towards the doors. His arms reached out and shut the doors, and then barred them shut. How the heck did I just move that bar? It looks heavier than all seven of us could lift together, forget just one.

The Entity returned Tango's body to where it had been.

The Entity snapped its fingers. Ghost soldiers arose from the ground along both sides of the purple walkway. A swirling cyan, red, and yellow sphere formed around the spirit.

The hold on Tango's body was released. He stumbled forward and attempted to regain his balance.

"Let the games begin!" announced the Entity. The Shadow ghosts charged. All hell broke out.

The red-eyed man raised his shield to block a strike from a ghost knight, and slashed at the thing.

Tango was hoping that since these soldiers weren't possessed endermen, they could be injured by a sword. Luckily, he was right.

The ghost knight fell and blew off.

Another one swiped at his legs. He brained it on the head with the butt of his sword. It crumpled to dust.

Tango wasn't used to fighting people with a missing eye. Swords and axes kept popping up from his blind spot, and he could barely dodge or block them.

He heard a whoosh from his left side and Grian calling his name. He tried to spin around to see if it was an attack or just someone moving near him. What he found was a sword heading straight for his chest.

Grian's pov - Just before the end of Tango's pov

Grian slashed wildly, trying to stop the attacks. They were flooding in from every angle like a closing storm. He blocked, stabbed, and ducked constantly. He wasn't even properly thinking any more. All of his brain power was devoted solely to survival.

He found a pilar that hid him from most of the fighting and ducked behind it. As the red-sweatered builder caught his breath, he heard the noise. The noise of screams. Clanking metal. Shouts. Even smells and sight seemed to join the cacophony of chaos and bloodshed that washed over his senses. Blood and sweat pierced his nose.

Grian glanced around the pillar and got ready to rejoin the battle. He scanned around for where he would be most needed.

Xisuma was doing fine. Scar was doing fine. False, Pearl, and Mumbo were doing fine. Tango was doing- oh no. No. No. A sword was going straight for his torso.

Grian jumped in the air, shouting, "Tango! On your left! Tan-" he was too late. Too damn fucking late.

Tango's pov - Current time

The sword went into his chest. Pierced it. He tried to block it, but only managed to earn a nasty gash on his arm. It sunk in. Through. Out the other side. The blade pushed his life out too.

Out. Out. Out.

Tango saw blood spray onto the soldier that had stabbed him as he fell to the ground. His blood. Tango hit the ground and blacked out.

Somewhere, in the back of his mind, he knew he would never wake up.

Grian's pov

"-go!" Grian watched from the ceiling as his friend crumpled to the ground, a sword straight through his heart. He wanted so badly to be able to shake the life back into Tango, but he knew it would do no good. Tango wouldn't want him to waste time like that and get himself killed as well. Instead, he closed his eyes, took a deep breath and charged back into the battlefield.

~~~~

:)

Title creds to @LunyaVioletBlue and her misreading Shadowmen

     -Meep

~~~~