Chapter 3: Satisfied

~~~~

Cw: nightmarish flashbacks. If you don't want to read that, then just skip the third paragraph.

~~~~

Grian's pov

After the ordeal with the conduit, Grian was tired. Not the normal kind of tired, but the tired that feels like lifting a feather would take all your strength. Being as tired as he was, he made the executive decision to sleep.

For the first few hours, Grian slept like a rock, until he started dreaming. 

He had awful dreams about the Entity forcing him to kill his friends, as well as flashbacks to Evo, and the bad parts of Last Life and Third Life. He remembered falling off the ghast farm in Last Life, and the look on Scar's face when Grian delivered the final blow in Third Life. 

Every few minutes, he would wake up, his spine arching and startling him awake. Eventually, he just stopped trying to sleep.

Grian lay awake in his bed outside the Entity. He wasn't quite sure what time it was, but he thought it was about two in the morning. Normally he didn't keep a clock. If he needed the time, he would just ask Bdubs. Either way, it was an unreasonable time in the morning.

Suddenly, Grian had an idea. He jumped out of bed and flew over to Scar's tree. He knocked on the door. After a minute or so, Scar wheeled over to the door. He was wearing lavander pajamas and Jellie cat slippers.

*Opens fourth wall door*

Now is probably a good time to explain this quickly. Basically, in this fanfic, Scar's legs don't work on their own, so he uses his tree elf magic to make them work during the day, but he doesn't do the spells at night because it takes energy and focus, so he uses his wheelchair at night.

"It's, like, two in the morning. What do you want?" the tree elf asked groggily.

"I need to check through some of the books in your library. I want to see if there's anything on..." Grian petered off at the last bit, thinking it might be better to keep it to himself until he figured out what was going on.

"Can this wait until morning?" Scar asked.

"Nope."

Scar's pov

Sighing, Scar gave into the little gremlin. He let Grian into his house and into his library. 

Scar's library wasn't particularly large. It was more of a medium sized room full to the brim with books than a proper large library. But it was still the largest collection on the server, for now. It was also the best for magic.

Grian had been using Scar's library a lot lately. He had picked up alchemy at the start of the season. Scar yawned and sat down watching as his friend scoured the shelves for whatever he was looking for. Eventually, Grian seemed to find something. He looked through a few of the pages, double checking that it was the right one.

Grian looked up at Scar and asked, "Do you mind if I borrow this?" Scar nodded in reply. Grian thanked him and left. The tired mattress store headed back up to his bed and fell asleep.

Grian's pov

Grian jumped out of Scar's window and flew back to the Entity and his chest monster. He plopped down on his bed, took out a torch and started reading. He was looking for information on how to stop the petrification and life stealing the Entity was doing. 

Grian found what he was looking for. He started reading about some sort of potion, until the Entity cut in. Grian. Stop. You can't do this and you won't do this. Grian felt the Entity take control. 

The Entity walked Grian's body a little ways away from the base, took a flint and steel out of Grian's inventory, and lit a small flame. The Entity threw the book into the flame. Grian watched as the book went up in flames. Once it was burnt to a crisp, the Entity put out the fire. 

Not again Grian, or I turn on permadeath, the Entity said in Grian's head. It released Grian from its grasp and let him control his own limbs again. 

Grian stood looking at the burnt grass. What was he going to tell Scar? Should he tell him about the Entity? Should he speak up at all?

Still pondering it, he went on with his day.

~~~~

I have nothing to say here

Have a good day/night!

-Meep

~~~~