Chapter 18: What. V

~~~~

Dang, we're almost at twenty chapters

Cw: slight blood

~~~~

False's pov

While Xisuma, Pearl, and Tango were setting up camp, Flase, Grian, Scar, and Mumbo were grinding for more ender pearls.

When will they be back? They should have been back an hour ago. 

False sat down for a quick break and sharpened her sword. Sharpening the blade had become second nature to her. She could do it in her sleep, which she had done on multiple occasions.

The blond heard footsteps and looked up. Thank Notch, they're back.

Then she noticed a few things that were different about the three of them. First, they were all bloodier and more scraped up than they had been when they left. That wasn't saying much, though. They hadn't thought that the journey would take so long, so they hadn't brought changes in clothing.

Second, they were all drenched. Third, both Tango and Pearl had blood on their ears. Xisuma, however, was lucky enough to have escaped that. Fourth, she could see Xisuma's ears. He wasn't wearing his helmet.

"What happened?" Mumbo asked, his face gaining a concerned look.

"Are you okay?" False asked, standing up and sheathing her sword.

"Come, sit down," Scar said, gesturing at some rocks, "I'll get you some bandages."

"We got attacked by a whole haunting of shadowmen," X responded as he sat down. Scar began bandaging the three up.

"They were a lot stronger than the ones we fought before. It took them at least four times as long to die from water as it normally does. And they did right hearts of damage in one blow," Tango said.

"One of them was about a meter or more taller than the others. It was an extremely dark red, and it was glowing. It took forever to die," Pearl added.

"And when it finally did, a weird eye thing floated up and shattered. It let out the worst noise I have ever heard. The noise was so loud and awful... I yanked my helmet off and threw it on the ground in a panic to plug my ears. When it hit the ground, the visor shattered, meaning that it is now useless. So, at least for the time being, here's my face," the admin said.

False finally took in his appearance. She could sort of understand why he wanted to hide his face, but at the same time she didn't. There were some people with much weirder faces on the server, and no one judged them. He must have had some bad experiences.

"Everyone should probably start caring around some wool to shove in your ears so that if you have to fight the noise shadowman you won't make your ears bleed," Tango suggested. Pearl handed out leftover bits of wool to everyone.

"You know the, uh, what are they called? The things in the deep caves that scream," Scar asked. Everyone gave him a confused look, "Shrakers! That's what they're called. Do they sound sort of like that?"

Pearl was the first to figure out what he meant, "Sort of. Part of it's noise sounded like a zillion shriekers going off at once."

"Well then that's what we should call them; shrackermen," the tree elf said.

After they had all eaten and the three who were attacked were bandaged up, they all went to bed.

~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter. I hope the art makes up for it!

Also, updates might slow down some because school has started back up again. If a chapter takes awhile to be published, it's not because I've abandoned it. I will keep righting this, or I will notify you if I go on hiatus.

     -Meep

~~~~