Chapter 7: What. II

~~~~

Cw: passing out, cuts, blood, pain

Scar's pov

Scar hadn't seen Grian for over two days. He flew off after talking about Mumbo.

The elf decided to look for him. Scar flew around the whole server, asking all the hermits when they had last seen him. Eventually he tracked it down to Doc, who informed Scar that he was helping Grian find the weakest point between worlds. Doc gave him the coordinates.

He arrived at the entrance of a cave. It wasn't very well lit, in fact there were barely any torches. The path was rough and hastily made. Scar could hear weird creepy noises emanating from further down the cave. After what seemed like days of scrabbling on the rocks and fighting mobs, Scar arrived at the main cave.

Inside was a large cavern illuminated by what appeared to be a purple rip in the fabric of time and space itself. This is what Grian was planning? Then he spotted something. There was a little red spot on the ground in front of the rift. Scar glided down and found Grian laying on the ground, unconscious. "Holy Jellies, what has he done?" The short hermit had scrapes and cuts all over him. Scar checked his pulse and heart rate. 

"He's still alive. That's good," Scar said to himself after finding both to be present. He picked Grian up and flew back to his base, and laid him down on his guest room bed. The healer removed the builders cloak, gloves, hat, and mask.

Under the mask, Scar found that about half of Grian's neck was made of stone. It seemed to continue under his sweater. The terraformer removed Grian's sweater to find more stone covering a large part of his torso and some of his arms. He also had a deep gash on his back, and a few shallower ones on his arms.

"Ok, let's go over how stupid he's been. 1. He has large cuts on his arms and back. 2. Part of him is literally made out of stone now. 3. He hasn't had food or water for two days. 4. He most likely passed out from over using his magic to open the Rift," Scar said to himself as he bandaged Grian up, gave him healing potions, food, etc.

Grian's pov

Grian opened his eyes. He tried to sit up, but was unable to. Scar came over.

"Good, you're awake," the matador said.

"Wh-where am I? What happened?" Grian asked, grogly. 

"You're in my tree in my guest room that's now a hospital room. You were gone for about two days, so I went looking for you. I found you in front of your portal thingy, unconscious. You've been out for about three days. I alerted the other hermits that I had found you. I gave you healing potions and some food. I think you passed out from over using your magic, so no magic for another week or so."

Grian managed to sit up and rubbed his forehead. He realized that he didn't have his sweater or alchemist gear on. The builder looked down at his chest, where the petrification had spread. Scar looked down too, and then up at Grian's face.

"Can you explain why you have stone all over you?"

Grian gave Scar the full story, including why he couldn't tell him the first time. He told about the conduit, and that the large cuts were from him disobeying the Entity. He also explained that his 'subconscious' that they decided was probably just the Entity, and what happened with the Rift.  

"Please don't tell the rest of the hermits. I don't want to worry them, and the Entity..." Grian requested.

"Don't worry. But you will have to tell them eventually. "

After a few days, Grian was released by Scar. He flew over to the Rift to find a large rock with some smaller ones surrounding it. Not wanting to deal with it, he flew back over to the starter area.

"Hey Scar, you wanna prank Mumbo?" He asked.

The elf smirked, responding, "Of course!"

The desert duo covered the redstoner's vault in plants and cobwebs, which made it look ancient, abandoned, and overgrown.

~~~~

Two dayish time skip

~~~~

Grian was walking around the spawn, when he saw something pop up in chat. Something he had been waiting for for almost a month.

Mumbo joined the game.

Grian sprung into the air and flew over to the mustachioed man's area. He tackle-hug-dive-bombed his friend screaming, "MUMBO! YOU'RE BACK!!!" He stood up, helping his friend up.

Mumbo's pov

It felt good to be back on. He was looking around at the spawn zone when a certain avian gremlin crashed into him, knocking him over. Grian stood up with a big grin on his face, from what Mumbo could tell, and gave him a proper hug.

"Why are you wearing all of the extra clothing?" Mumbo asked. Just then, Scar came over.

"Uhh, Scar's going to explain that to you," Grian said. He and Scar exchanged a look.

"What did I just get roped into?" the terraformer asked.

"Grian just nominated you to explain why he has a witch hat."

Scar looked at the gremlin "Why can't you explain it to him?"

"Because," Grian answered, "the Entity doesn't want me to."

"Wait, did you say the Entity, as in your starter base, 'doesn't want you to?' As in it can think?" A startled Mumbo interrupted. He looked at the builder, "Grian, what did you do?"

"So Grian's boulder is sentient, turning Grian to stone, and occasionally possessing him. Also, he opened a giant Rift in the world in an attempt to get you back," Scar explained what had happened.

"We'll finish talking about this later," Grian decided as a few other hermits arrived, "I don't want to worry the others."

Mumbo received hugs, welcome backs, and hellos from various hermits. It was good to be back home.

~~~~

It's so nice to have three main characters again.

Aha!

ℸ ̣⍑ᒷ   ꖎ╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣リᒷᓭᓭ   ᒲ⚍ᓭℸ.  ᓵ𝙹ᒲᒷ   ʖᒷ⎓𝙹∷ᒷ   ℸ.⍑ᒷ  ↸ᔑ∷ꖌ...

~~~~