Chapter 23: Fade

~~~~

I'm sorry in advance, please don't kill me :)

Once again, CW: blood, death, gore, violence, pain, swearing, and someone mentally yelling at themselves briefly, but harshly (fourth paragraph)

There is a good chance that your soul will not survive the climax

~~~~

The Entity's pov

     Well well well. The little adventure 7 is doing better than expected. Hmmm. They even seem to be not losing terribly, despite that one casualty. Let's spice it up a little bit, shall we?

Xisuma's pov

     Xisuma heard a cold, hard thud as something hit the ground. His eyes widened as he turned to see what he already knew would be there; the corpse of one of his friends.

     There sat Tango's body, blood spilling out from his chest. His remaining eye was blank and unseeing.

     I failed. I f-ing failed. Tango died. One of the hermits died. The hermits I am supposed to protect as an admin. But I failed. I failed, I failed, I failed. 

     X was too caught up in his thoughts to notice the circle of calm that now surrounded him. He was too caught up to notice the soldiers creeping up on him. Heck, he only even half noticed when he was shoved to the ground by the ghosts and the Entity started chanting something. What was that? Where did he know that from?

    Too late he realized what the Entity was saying.

     "ᒲᔑリ↸⚍ᓵᔑ∷ᒷ ᔑリ╎ᒲᔑ! ᒲᔑリ↸⚍ᓵᔑ∷ᒷ ᔑリ╎ᒲᔑ!" it chanted over and over again. It was taking Xisuma's soul.

     Xisuma felt it. Not in the way that he thought it would feel, based on how Grian described it, but a whole other level of pain. It felt like his guts were being pulled out of him, like how it feels on a huge drop on a minecart ride, but with his energy instead.

     He had been forced onto his knees and was stuck there, his life gushing out of him and into the Entity. The admin felt it start around his heart and chest and begin spreading outwards rapidly. The areas touched by it were numb and difficult to move. It was like he was being frozen in ice.

Pearl's pov

     Grian looked absolutely mortified. His face was a mess of recognition, terror, pity, sorrow, and anger. Following his gaze, Pearl could see why.

     In the middle of a small circle of calm was Xisuma. He was on his knees. Light was streaming out of him and into the black hole of the Entity.

Grian's pov

     No.

     No.

     No no.

     Please no.

     Grian watched in horror as the admin, his friend, had the same thing that had happened to himself happen to X.

     X had been looking at Tango when he was knocked down and- and the Entity started chanting. And light, Xisuma's soul, began pouring into the Entity. And stone started spreading out from Xisuma's heart.

Xisuma's pov

     Xisuma looked down and saw that he was, in fact, turning to stone. The coldness, hardness, wrongness, numbness crept through his limbs and up his neck. With it brought the terrible feeling that his body was no longer his. He was no longer his. The Entity controlled him. The Entity had him in every way.