Chapter 11: Of Crowns and Comae

~~~~

This chapter is great

Cw: injury, general violence, pain

~~~~~

Grian's pov

"Grian, I was king. They took that from me. Your stupid kind, you, took that away from me," the Entity's aura was getting brighter. It was slowly stomping over to Grian.

"Do you understand what that means?" The Entity was next to Grian now and was towering over him. It pushed the builder over through sheer willpower. It was now looming over the prankster, staring down at its prey. He was frozen in place. His limbs wouldn't cooperate with running or flying or crawling or whatever he could do to get away.

"It means that I had control over the whole f-ing universe," the Entity answered itself. It's voice was now an icy tone that seemed to hold both the freeze of a stray's bones and the burning h*ll fire of a blaze. It kicked Grian's shins.

"It means that everyone bowed to me." It delivered a kick to the avian's stomach. The gremlin curled up into a protective ball. Shocks of pain shot through Grain.

"It means that I was the most," a kick to the head. "powerful," a kick to the back. "being," a kick to the shoulder. With each impact, in felt like a piece of his soul and will to live crumbled away. "in," a kick to the wing. Memories flashed before his eyes of the time he had spent with the hermits. Joking, pranking, building, and laughing. "the," a kick to the chest. He felt his consciousness fade. This is it. It's over. "universe," a kick to the face. As the Entity stood over him with a nasty smirk, something flicked in Grian. 

No. No it's not.

The Dream Slayer pulled his bruised body up, pulling himself up on invisible ledges. He stood up, trembling from the pain. His nose was bleeding and he could feel a loose tooth. He was pretty sure one of his ribs was broken. But he stood, still alive. 

"But they still defeated you," Grian croaked out. "They still managed to defeat you," he added, standing up straighter. "You can't have been the most powerful being," he reasoned. The pain was fading. His pain disappeared. Magic started to course through him.

"I-, I-" the Entity stuttered. It couldn't find a way to reply.

Grian let the magic flow out of him, enveloping him and the Entity. "You're nothing more than a shadow of what once was. A ghost of vanity and vengeance," Grian exclaimed. He pushed the spirit back. "The remnants of some jerk who could possess people," the Dreamslayer called out as he magically punched the Entity.

"You're nothing," finished the builder, slapping his possessor in the face. Its crown fell off its head.

The Entity started to fade away like smoke. "I might be out of your head, but I'm not gone. Mark my words, Grian. I will have my revenge."

The gremlin stood there for a minute before he was yanked into his real body.

Grian woke up in his body, which was still made of stone. Great. I can't move. The only thing that he could do was open his eyes, but only the tiniest bit.

When he opened them, he saw Mumbo sitting on a chair on the other side of the room. He had bandages all over him. What happened to him? Is he okay?

Grian's eyes were getting tired. It's hard to hold an eye lid made of stone open. He closed his eyes and must have fallen asleep, because when he opened them, Scar was there. Scar threw a splash potion at him. He felt his body go limp. That's why I can't move, aside from the stone. He's been paralyzing me.

The next time Grian woke up, it was Xisuma in the room, waiting in the corner. He looked normal, except he had bags under his eyes and a skull on his head. Wait, is he eating bone meal?

Notch, why does my sweater itch so much? He thought, attempting to scratch his chest before remembering that he was paralyzed. Wait. I can feel the sweater. I can feel the sweater! That means some skin's coming back! I'm not going to be a half-living statue, if it keeps reversing.

When he woke up again, he found that he could feel most of his torso, arms, neck, and legs. Mumbo was sitting there. They must be taking shifts.

Mumbo's pov

Mumbo was about half asleep. He was sleep deprived after keeping watch over Grian on top of working on his megabase. However, he woke up immediately when he saw motion from the builder. It wasn't much, but he could have sworn his eyelashes flicked. 

"Grian?" the mustachioed man asked. Grian's eyes definitely moved. Mumbo ran out the room and up the tree, shouting, "He's awake! Grian's awake!" Scar and Xisuma came sprinting over and into the hospital room. Scar unceraminiously dumped a bucket of milk on Grian.

Grian's pov

Scar poured milk on Grian's head.

~~~~

And there you have it. Grian punched a ghost and came out of a coma. Everything is happy now. The end, right?

Nope.

There's more.

There's going to be more chapters. I can't end it this soon now, can I? I haven't risked their lives enough.

There is more death, doom, and destruction to come. Have fun! 😁

Anyways, enjoy the rest of the chapter and book.

~~~~

Grian could move again. He sat up, groaning.

"Hello," he croaked. His voice was rough after not being used for over a week. Scar and Mumbo tackled him in a hug. "Ow," he muttered, smiling as much as possible.

"Are you okay?" Scar asked.

"Well, I have most of my skin back and there's not an evil spirit in my head, so yes?" Grian answered. Xisuma, Mumbo, and Scar looked confused. "Oh, I should probably say that my skin's coming back in the same way that the, uh, stone came, so you can't really see it right now."

They exchanged stories, and then X asked, "So what now?"

"Now I tell the others, since I don't have a ghost who will cut the sh*t out of me if I do." Grian stood up. Mumbo helped him walk, since he hadn't moved for over a week. Xisuma called all the hermits over to Scar's tree for a meeting. Eventually, all 26 hermits were present. The builder took a deep breath and went outside.

~~~~

This chapter was supposed to be a filler before Grian woke up. Oh well.

     -Meep

A quick sketch of the Entity in the mindspace:

~~~~