Chapter 6: The Weakest Point

~~~~

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Cw/tw: passing out

Grian's magic is purple, the Entity's magic is cyan.

~~~~

Mumbo's pov

Mumbo was enjoying himself. Of course, he loved hanging out with his friends, but it was nice to get a break from the server every once in a while. Speaking of his friends, he hoped they were doing okay. Xisuma wouldn't let anything too awful happen to them, right?

Scar's pov

Knock knock knock

Is someone at the door?

Knock knock knock

I'll go and see.

Scar opened the front door to see a short, blond, red sweatered avian on his front step.

"I'm here to talk about Mumbo," Grian said. Scar couldn't tell what Grian was thinking. It was almost impossible to see his face underneath the hat and mask. However, he sounded a mix of serious, sad, scared, and concerned. His elf ears were good at picking up sounds like that. Scar let him in.

"What about Mumbo?" The mattress store replied, leading Grian to his living room.

"It's about his 'break,' Grian answered, making air quotes on break, "I don't think that's why he's gone. I think it might have something to do with the Entity."

"You don't think that..." Scar trailed off, afraid to complete the sentence.

"I think that the Entity somehow took him, and is holding him hostage." Grain finished. The two sat down on plushie chairs. Scar leaned forward, putting his chin on his hand.

"What do you think we should do about it? Dekidnapping someone sounds like a hard thing to do."

"We need to get him back, and I think I know how to do it."

Entity's pov

Perfect. An opportunity. Time to strike.

Grian's pov

His subconscious had been spinning around at Mumbo's break. He couldn't stop thinking about it. He was up one night, thinking about it, when he had an idea. I haven't used it in years, and I don't particularly want to, but if it means saving Mumbo, then I'll use it. I'll use my Watcher magic to open a portal of sorts to get Mumbo back. Grian explained this to Scar.

Scar's pov

"Ok, first, I'm needing to be the sensible one, so that's not good. I don't think this is a good idea. I mean, what if it's a trap? Have you considered that possibility?"

"Yes, I have, but my subconscious says it's the right thing to do, so I'm going with my gut," Grian answered, seeming sure of himself, "Also, if it is a trap, it won't work first time. Traps never work the first time."

"Grian. I don't think this is a good idea. I'm sure Mumbo will come back, and if he doesn't, there's got to be another less risky way to do it."

Grian's pov

Grian left the tree, trying to figure out what else to do. Who else knows enough about magic to help me find the weakest point in the world? Then he figured it out. Doc! Of course! He might not know an awful lot about magic, but he does know a lot about game mechanics.

Grian flew over to the creeper hybrid's base. It felt nice to fly there, the wind under his wings, the clear sky, and the cool air on his face. However, he noticed that it was slightly more difficult to fly. Must be the weight of the stone. He landed on the small sky island, next to Doc.

"Hi Doc. I was wondering if you could help me a little bit with exploiting a glitch. I need to find the weakest point between worlds."

"Exploits happen to be my specialty," said Doc.

Doc and Grian worked for a while, clawing out the math. Eventually, they got the exact coordinates. Grian thanked Doc, and Doc said bye to Pesky Bird. He flew off to the coordinates.

Grian arrived at the coordinates, finding a humongous cave. Okay. Let's do this.

He removed his cloak, hat, gloves, and mask.

Grian took a deep breath in, spreading his arms and wings out, and closing his eyes. He began to feel the magic flow through him. It felt warm, and powerful, in an almost regal way. Two purple eyes appeared above his hands, and an Evo symbol glowed in his pupils as he snapped them open. The cave wall began to glow a rich, deep purple as the Rift opened up. An aura of the same shade glowed around Grian.

It's working, he thought to himself.

And then something went wrong.

The Evo symbol and the magic Watcher eyes flickered out. The aura around Grian turned cyan, and so did his eyes. Grian panicked as the Watcher magic went away, replaced by the Entity's magic. The Rift changed to a lighter tone, and increased in size. Using the last of Grian's magical energy, the Entity fully opened the portal, and returned the controls to him.

It was a trap! Scar was right! were the last things Grian thought to himself as he passed out cold on the cavern floor.

~~~~