Chapter 21: F me, F it, F yeah!

~~~~

My brain is f*cking fried this chapter is burning in Tartarus right along with any ideas for the middle section of this side event and my f*cking grammar

Please. Gods. Of. F*cking. Greece. The Norse. Egypt. I. Don't. Care. Just. Help. Me.

Cw: blood, death, bones crunching, the end of third life (if you don't want to read that, skip Grian's pov. There is suicide at the end, but not the thoughts behind it.)

~~~~

Grian's pov

     Grian threw the first punch. Tried to return it, but wasn't fast enough. An upper cut from Grian, a weak punch to the chest from Scar. Scar's never been one for up close fighting. Grian quickly had Scar pinned in a corner, a lot of his bones broken and blood streaming from his nose and mouth. He was one punch away from death.

     "I'm so sorry," Scar said, smiling.

     "I'm sorry too," Grian replied as he struck the final blow on his friend. A sickening crunch rangout along with the chat message:

Goodtimewithscar was slain by Grian.

     Tears streamed down his face as he set Scar's lifeless body down and walked to the edge.

     "Thank you," he whispered before jumping off and ending his third life.

Xisuma's pov

     He kicked a rock a meter or so away and started pacing. After a few steps, the rock was obscured by the mist. When X walked back that way, he was expecting a completely different area. To his surprise, the pebble was still there.

     "What? Wait, that means someone started tying a string behind them. We're not eternally doomed!"

False's pov

     False had been walking for a while when she heard footsteps that weren't her own. She crouched down and snuck over to where the sound was coming from. To her surprise, she found Xisuma. She stood up and jogged over.

     "X?" she asked, hoping that she wasn't going as crazy as this forest.

     "Oh thank Notch you're here False!" You're the one who figured out the string trick," X replied, turning to face False. He had some sort of mask on.

     "How can you see me if you don't have a mask on?" Xisuma questioned. "The chorus fumes should have gotten to you by now."

False answered, "Wait, is that what that was?" X tilted his head. "After a little bit in this place, this weird thing happened. It was like I was being pulled into another dimension."

     "You were able to pull yourself out of the corrupted chorus hallucination? Wow," X commented. It was False's turn to look confused. "This is a corrupt chorus forest. The fumes will send you into reliving your worst memories. Normally, it takes years of training to be able to pull yourself out of the hallucinations."

     "Where are the others?" False inquired.

Xisuma replied, "I don't know. I would have started looking, but I had no string, so it would do me no good. All it would have done is tire me out.

     "However, now that we have string, we can start looking. I will warn you, they won't be able to recognize you until you mask their face so they don't breathe in the fumes. They might see you as part of their hallucination and try to attack you. Don't get caught off guard."

     False nodded. The two of them started walking, trying to find the others.

Mumbo's pov

     "You know Mumbo, there's a, there's a way we could still be friends," Grian said, a mad smile creeping onto his face.