His Heartbeat

Inpu has night terrors. His night terrors are caused by nightmares and occur commonly, for the most part, his episodes are mostly silent aside from the slight thrashing, sleep talking, and wet tears staining his bed. These nightmares of his are the bane of his existence and they are always the same...

There always about Bryan.

When Inpu lost Bryan, at first he was a wreck, he'd hardly eat or sleep, never left his room unless it was urgent. He didn't even care to read.

It took Magnus a whole two months to get Inpu to start eating and sleeping again.

He couldn't bear looking at his own tails without thinking of Bryan and Bryan brushing his tails or tickling them.

And at the funeral, he couldn't stop breaking down. Magnus as well as Xylo among others just comforted him the whole funeral. When they unveiled Bryan's statue, Inpu lost it, he collapsed to the ground and cried his heart out.

And for the next five years, all he dreamt of was his husband, whether it being his death, their engagement, their marriage, or a warm memory, it was all Inpu dreamt of.

Inpu sometimes woke up having Magnus by his side and other times woke up alone.

But. after five whole years, he got back his dearest husband...

He revived him and brought him back from Elysium though he does feel a little bad for taking him from 'heaven' though Bryan told him not to worry about it.

He could finally have a good nights rest for the first time in five years... or so he thought.

~

Inpu and Bryan lay together, both fast asleep yet, Inpu was restless. He was tossing and turning, muttering Bryans name, and tears staining his face. "Bryan..", "Dear no..", "Don't leave me..", "Bryan please..!", "Honey...?"

"Hmm.. yeah?" Bryan murmurs having woken up to his husbands use of his pet name, his eyes fluttered open and all he saw was Inpu, still asleep but was crying and calling his name.

"Inpu!" Bryan vainly called to him but Inpu's night terror drowned out his voice, "Bryan..?" "Don't leave me.." Inpu pleaded once more.

As if on instinct, Bryan sat up then reached for Inpu, pulling Inpu close and laying his head on his chest.

"Thump, Thump"

"I'm right here."

"Thump, Thump"

Inpu body began to ease and his pleading stopped, Inpu could hear Bryans heart, his heart beating in a harmonious rhythm, "Thump, Thump"

Inpu snuggled closer to Bryan's chest yearning to listen to the rhythmic heartbeat he had so longed to hear.

"I'm not ever leaving you again babe, I love you... till the end of time."