Solis is a Good Uncle

Uncle Solis just talking with his nephew, Atlas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

S

olis was wandering around the Aphrodite's mansion with a generous bowl of neopolitan icecream, happily freezing his teeth as Scar splashed in the fountains.

He couldn't quite understand why someone would dedicate their time just gardening but the garden was very pretty so he wasn't complaining.

Solis and Scar were chatting to each other when the beetle seemingly out of nowhere just ran off. Solis didn't think much of it, probably went to jump into another fountain or scamper through the fragrant flowers Bryan had here.

Well that's what Solis thought until he heard someone talk.

"Scar?" The voice said, Solis recognised the voice instantly, the name came a bit late though. Solis himself scampered through the garden reaching the patio where he saw Inpu's only son, Atlas.

Atlas was sitting silently on the single bench with Scar on his lap. His great wings though were behind the bench.

Probably because they were so big.

Atlas must've heard the loud steps as he turned his head, "Oh hi, uncle Solis." He said serenely.

"Hi!" Solis gleamed. He noticed Atlas had his guard slightly up but otherwise, he looked very relaxed.

Solis took his seat on the bench next to his not-technically nephew, the icecream right next to him, far away from Scar. He could easily understand why Atlas was so relaxed.

The gentle breeze caressing their faces was refreshing. The small ripples of the pond as the evanescent fish swam, disrupting the ponds surface was mesmerising. The growing presence of fireflies as they lit up the patio like little torches.

And not forgetting the warm, colourful sunset with its unique hues of crimson, orange, and gold. It was truly a masterpeice to behold.

Solis felt a deep pride swell up as he watched the colours drown into blues, 'Dad's a real artist.' He mused; his dad was about to die and be reborn, how many times his dad dies only to rise again the next day is inspiring.

Or as Inpu would say... 'Poetic'

"See you tomorrow, Dad!" The son of Ra waved his hand towards the dying sun.

Atlas let out a little giggle before also lifting his hand to wave, it was small but still a wave.

"What are you doing here uncle Solis?" Solis heard Atlas ask him.

"It's my job as your and your sibling's bodyguard to watch the place to make sure you're all safe. At least that's what I think Inpu said." Solis explained after another spoonful of delicious strawberry icecream.

Solis couldn't help but notice the deep, dark circles under the boys eyes. He kinda looked like Inpu after a particularly stressful day of Pharaohing or during those thr- no. Five years or even before then.

"Hey, are you okay?" Wanting to know why he looked so tired. His technically-not nephew merely shrugged but Solis knew something was wrong.

Solis may not be the brightest person in the world - which is ironic - but he isn't unobservant. He is aware of other's feelings, he needed to be back when he travelled the desert with Inpu and Magnus as they weren't always the nicest...

Inpu could be very detached from his emotions at times and sometimes be downright cruel and bossy.

Magnus was always very reserved and cold and distant, you could never know when they might just try stabbing you out of boredom.