Not a Chapter - Toxic Mother In-Law Anyone?

Izanami-no-Mikoto, the co-creator of the Islands of Japan alongside her ex-husband, Izanagi. She was burned to death during the birth of her son Kagu-Tsuchi, and then was abandoned by Izanagi in the Realm of the Dead, she cursed the world in revenge swearing she would take 1000 lives every day, and took position as Queen of the Realm of the Dead.

This goddess after entering a relationship with Anubis, bore two children: Inpu and Magnus. She then abandoned them to which Anubis cursed her by separating her form into two corrupt beings, Naya and Anaya. Two fiendish Kitsunes.

So because of her trauma which she indeed has: What if she was distrustful of Bryan?

What if instead of looking at Inpu's relationship in pride, recognising that her son found someone who will treat and love him as he deserves.

She decides that her son whom she doesn't even know, deserves better than a Son of Aphrodite and against her better judgment, thinks Bryan is a haughty and selfish son-in-law.

As she believes Bryan will just break Inpu's heart. Bryan's an Aphrodite and the Goddess of Love is infamous for her infidelity and affairs... who's to say her son isn't the same?

Though I bet, that maybe she's also just jealous of Bryan.

I mean-

Bryan is beautiful. She is not. She is a burned corpse wearing a worn and tattered kimono, she may have looked beautiful once, but not anymore... and that made her envious of the son of beauty.

But also...

Because Bryan will always know her son (and child) better than herself...

Toxic Mother-in-Law Izanami anyone?

~

Izanami in Shintoism is meant to be a burned corpse (I think) though correct me if I'm wrong. But it was because of her ghoulish appearance that Izanagi-no-Mikoto abandoned her in the first place.

I think... anyway.

Sorry is this bad? I hope it somewhat makes sense.

Need anything explained? Just comment.

Thank you for reading! ✨

I really need to start writing more one shots... I have ideas but it's slow going. Sorry!