Shadow Nightmare

It was dark, scary dark.

Inpu stood alone in a black void. No light dared to invade the darkness. 'where am I?' He wondered, he tried to move but he couldn't.

From the never-ending darkness, an angel appeared... Bryan! His white wings fluttered behind him.

Inpu felt a wave of relief as well as a wave of dread. "Bryan! Oh I am so glad to see you, where are we?"

Bryan turned around to face him, and his face morphed from serene to frightened. His sweet eyes widened and his lip quivered, "I-Inpu? Wh-what's go-going o-on..?" He stammered, backing away ever so slightly.

"What do you mean?" Inpu asked him. It seemed his question fell on deaf ears as Bryan kept walking backwards. That's when Inpu felt his legs finally move. He moved closer towards his shaking husband.

"Stay back!" Bryan screamed.

'What? Why-' Inpu looked about his body and noticed his arm, his shadow arm was activated.

It was scaring Bryan.

He tried to deactivate his shadow arm but it was in vain. He raised his shadow arm, ready to punch.

"Wait- wait! No! Bryan!!!"

"I-Inpu I-INPU! PLEASE!"

He brought his arm down and...

Inpu awoke in heavy pants.

Bryan at his side, "Inpu! Inpu what's wrong?!" Hugging him tightly.

"Stay back!" Inpu screamed, pushing his husband off him.

"W-What?"

"Please... I don't want to hurt you... not again!"

Bryan looked at him anxiously, "Inpu, what do you mean?" He asked carefully.

Inpu looked manic, breathing heavily with fear in his eyes... "I-I h-h-hurt you...! I-I don't what to do that again!"

"Hurt me? No... you'd never hurt me," Bryan insisted, reaching for his crazed husband, Inpu wanted Bryan to run away but he didn't he stuck around, 'why...'

"Please..." Inpu begged.

Bryan looked at him longingly, desiring to know what made his husband 'hurt' him. Inpu had tears rolling down his face as he kept backing away. Inpu was so close to falling off the bed.

Now, Inpu hardly ever cried. He was so scared... it broke Bryans heart to see the love of his life like this.

The winged man made one more reach for him, putting his soft hand on the jackals/kitsunes face - he flinched. Bryan moved his other hand, cupping his tearful husbands face.

"Inpu... you know you'd never hurt me." Bryan reminded him. His beautiful, white wings wrapped around Inpu.

"B-but I did! W-with my shadow arm!" He insisted, "Bryan... P-please, I-I don't w-want to hurt you..." He uttered weakly, he just wanted Bryan safe.

Inpu held his husbands hands and tried pulling them away from his face, gently and quickly but Bryan wouldn't budge.

"Show me." Bryan said, "Show me you shadow arm."

Inpu looked at him in horror but Bryan had never felt surer, aside from saying 'Yes' and 'I Do' of course.

Inpu really didn't want to but his husbands chocolate and honey eyes were so filled with love, he felt obligated to.

So Inpu (reluctantly) activated his shadow arm. The dark corruption fuelled him and wide, red eyes dotted his arm. It looked creepy... (to Keiran)

Inpu looked away from Bryan, ashamed and feeling like a monster. Bryan's never seen his shadow arm before...

Bryan gasped, he didn't expect that, it was odd. His arm was engulfed in the darkness and eyes opened up all over his arm, for some unknown reason, Bryan felt safe.

Bryan took his husbands shadowy hand delicately. "Wow..." he muttered. Inpu snapped back to looking at him, and saw in his eyes, awe.

"What? B-but I thought you would be terrified!" Tears, again welled up in his now ruby red eyes.

"Inpu, anything about you I like." Bryan opined, his words were airy filled with such truth.

Bryan body quickly reminded him of the late hour, and tiredness consumed him, the winged man leaned to his husbands shadowy shoulder, he rested his head, kissing Inpus corrupted cheek, trusting the shadow arm to hold him. He fell asleep.

Inpu gazed at his husband in astonishment, 'does Bryan trust me that much?' Inpu wouldn't lie, he felt a wave of calmness, Bryan still loved him, he wasn't afraid of him...

He too felt the tiredness consume him, so he gently laid Bryan down, deactivated his shadow arm and joined him in his slumber. Bryan unconsciously cuddled closer to his husband.

"How did a misfit like myself ever become so deserving of a dream like you?"

~

I hope you liked it ✨

I tried blep :p

At the end I remembered how -DaTrashArtist_AB- ended her stories for example, as a poet would say. And was like hey I wanna write something poetic! So yeah.

I need to re-write this one, but have not motivation. *cries*