Three thirds make a whole

TW: Contains implied de@th.

The world is ending and Camp Oasis is the only asylum from the ravenous monsters that want nothing more than a screaming meal.

But the lapis lazuli gate grants only those with whole souls, asylum...

Inpu, Bryan, Lotus, Atlas, and Femi were running for their lives, they were being chased by a horde of blood-thirsty chimaeras who from their jaws escaped dark smoke.

"Go!" Inpu screamed at his family. The loud growls and roars behind them muffled him but no one needed to be told twice about running.

The gate was right infront of them...

Inpu and Bryan fell through like it was ghostly water but their kids weren't so lucky... Atlas, Lotus, and Femi all hit the gate as though it was a concrete wall.

"What's going on!" Atlas yelled, punching and kicking at the gate, he could hear his parents from within, crying for them.

Lotus was panicking. "DADS!" They shrieked, banging at the gate alongside their brother but it made no difference...

Femi breathed shaky breaths as she stared at the inpending doom of Chimaeras racing towards them. She clutched her soul crystal.

"It's no use!" Femi said, "Our souls are not whole. We aren't allowed to pass through!" she explained.

"Why not!" Atlas shouted at her, his hands were all brusied and bloody from attacking the gate.

"Only those with whole souls can enter..." Femi elaborated, "It's a precautionary rule so that reanimated corpses, like vrykolakas and such can't enter." Femi gazed at the chimaeras hopelessly, she was terrified but her flight or fight response was to freeze.

"So what do we do!" Lotus saw the chimaeras closing in on them... "I don't want to die! Not here!" They sobbed as they attacked the door. 'Maybe someone will open it from the inside.' Lotus thought desperately.

Atlas grabbed Femi and pulled her closer to the gate and further from the chimaeras. She still clutching her soul crystal, gave Atlas a pensive stare and Atlas understood.

He glanced at Lotus who was still thrashing at the gate, too terrified to realise they were both now looking at them. With a plan...

Lotus felt added weights upon their neck, and looked down and saw two other soul crystals. Femi's uniquely shaped soul and Atlas's more cracked soul both dangled from their neck.

Lotus turned to them confused. "What?"

"Lotus." Atlas began as calmly as he could muster, "You won't die..." His voice cracked as he knew what was awaiting him and Femi.

Femi elaborated, "If we're one third of a whole soul, that would mean if one of us was wearing all three should be whole..."

Femi's eyes glistened with tears.

Lotus quickly realised what they were planning. "No..." They gasped. "Don't you dare." They quickly tried to take off the necklaces but Atlas pushed them through the gate. It felt like cool water.

The Chimaeras were right behind them.

"NO!" Lotus cried.

As Lotus fell, they swore they saw Atlas and Femi hug each other, Atlas's wing covered them. Lotus saw the Chimaeras-

...

"Lotus!" It was their Brydad but Lotus wasn't focusing on him right now. Lotus was on the other side of the gate and couldn't see anything.

But they heard screaming.

...

It's stopped.

~

This gives me Death of the Deities vibes.

I hopes it's good! Thank you for reading! ✨️

Sorry if it's sad, bad, and short. 😅

I didn't add the song because this story just didn't feel right to have it, should I keep 'My Love' going forward?