Origins Of Camp Oasis

"The Children of Olympus have returned to Camp Oasis to celebrate the Festival of the Pantheons; where other gods have stepped forward to make their mark.

Greek, Egyptian, Asian, Oceanic, and Nordic Pantheons must now live together despite millennia of hostilities..."

~

The Camp of Demeter or as it's commonly referred, Camp Oasis. T'was but a camp that the Gods of Olympus had founded for so they could get rid of their 'expendable bastard' children as there was no use for them anymore as modern times have succeeded their purpose.

Originally though...

This camp was designed to be a haven for half-blood children of all pantheons: Egyptians, Asians, Oceanic, Nordic, Celtic, Aztec, etc.,

But the Greeks made it appear as though it was a mere orphanage the gods could abandon their children too. With this image in their heads, many pantheons backed out.

The Egyptians pantheon was among those who backed out but it still kept a keen eye on this so-called camp.

As consequence of this so-called camp, a divide was formed and the Estrangement of Pantheons was hereby declared and would last for millenniums...

This on-going feud between each of the pantheons would strike everywhere... except Camp Oasis.

Ever heard of Zeus Xenios? If not then let me give you a run down what this means:

Zeus Xenios was a title gifted to the King of Mt. Olympus himself as an epithet to his role as Protector of Strangers... this title of his served as the epitome of the moral obligations to be hospitable towards strangers and guests.

Hospitality is Divine Right after all... and violating its sanctity could invoke the wrath of Olympus.

And what's Camp Oasis full of again...? Oh right! Greeks.

The demigods of Camp Oasis chose to open camps borders and to welcome those seeking protection under its enchanted barrier - as well as those desiring answers - with a festival.

The Festival of the Pantheons...

In opening the camp borders to other pantheons, it gained its motto: 'Καλωσορίζοντας όσους αναζητούν προστασία.'

'Welcome those seeking protection'

~

But as always with change, it comes with complications.

Because of the on-going feud, the demigods were suspicious and distrustful of one another so the head councillors elected to preform trials, to get the campers to mingle and have fun.

But you know what.

It worked!

The campers tied unbreakable bonds with each other, whether platonic, familial, or romantic, these bonds will forever remain...

I mean, just look at Pharaoh Inpu and his husband, Bryan. One is Egyptian-Japanese and the other is a Greek.

It almost sounds forbidden if I may say...

An Egyptian and a Greek together. In love. It's nigh unheard of....

But it exists within Camp Oasis.
(Cassie and Solis for instance)

While yes, it's a place of problems these demigods or dare I say heroes have to solve, it's also a place riddled with answers and sometimes - even peace...

But most of all.

It's a place to be yourself.

To love whomever you want.

To be whomever you want.

~

Hello!

Okay this probably made no sense whatsoever and I'm super sorry, but I thought I'd write a little background of Camp Oasis, a lot of this comes from Korina's Origin and the Intro to Season 2.

This is not cannon. Maybe semi-cannon but not cannon-cannon.

This probably sucks and that but this was a one-day project, literally thought about it today and was like hey this is interesting, I'll write something about that.

I needed to write something and this is what came from my noggin-

Sorry there's no Brypu! 🌙

Sorry it's so short! like me-

Sorry if it felt racial at some points!

Though racism (Is that the right word?) is recognised in OoO, remember when Momiji tried to convince the Egyptians to cheat so the Greeks wouldn't win? And how many times do you hear Inpu trash talk about the Greeks?

Though I think that would've been an interesting way to go with OoO in season 2, and with the 'millennium of hostilities' thing: who else is a fan of forbidden relationships?

I am! 😅

But still! And I'm sorry this is junk.

Geez I need some ideas... got any suggestions? Put them in the comments!

Thank you for reading this drivel and have a lovely day! ✨

Oh wait-

And remember. Camp Oasis will always accept you. 🤍