Atlas has Dyslexia?

Reminder that this is not cannon to the original story.

Warning: badly written dyslexia.

~

3rd Person POV:
Inpu, the current Co-Pharaoh of the Egyptian Underworld, for as long as anyone can remember, including himself has always had a fascination for reading, whether it be non-fiction or fiction, he reads anything he can get his hands on.

He loves reading books so much, he carries the latest one along with him until he finishes it, and then swaps it out for another book which he'll probably finish within the hour or so after said swapping.

Inpu's adoration for books is so strong that two of his children too have a love for book-reading.

Femi and Lotus, his two bookish children.

His daughter, Femi loves her non-fictional reads, breathing in the hefty knowledge contained within large, hard-cover, 10000+ worded books, she loves learning about history, astronomy, and arcanum.

But, she does have a guilty pleasure and weakness in reading beautifully-written and delicate true-love stories.

While his child, Lotus prefers more fictional reads, they love a good fantasy-adventure novel, an entirely different world filled to the brim with wonders and mysteries they can escape too.

After losing their wing, Lotus began reading a whole lot more and they often travelled to other realities.

Even his husband, Bryan had taken a joy in reading all types of romantic literature, from Romeo and Juliet to the Fault in Our Stars.

But what about his son, Atlas?

Atlas POV:
It's late, like 3:00am in the morning late and I should be in bed, b-but I want to understand...

Everyone who meets me always assumes the same. That I, like my family enjoy reading.

I guess it's an okay assumption, it makes sense, I mean Dadpu is the best researcher at camp, willingly (but begrudgingly) going through hundreds of books, trying to find information on artefacts.

My sister Femi, loves to read and she reads everywhere, she can be cozy on her bed or under a shady tree. It's like a haven for her, she's never been a big social person. But why reading?

Even Lotus and Brydad like to read story books. I guess Brydad is still resting, regaining his energy and stuff.

And I guess for Lotus it would be a safe place as well, after losing their wing, they've been inside much more and while they're mostly cooking, sometimes I see them just chilling in our room (maybe joined by Femi) reading a story.

But to answer the question if I like to read?

To be honest, I don't.

I hate it actually. I think it's really lame...!

I doesn't get why it's so interesting to read anyway, it's not like it makes any sense! The words keep moving and jumping around the page! Like how are you meant to read that!?!

How does Dadpu, Brydad, Femi and Lotus read so calmly?!? When I try to read, I get stressed and gain a headache! It makes no sense whatsoever, like how does Femi and Dadpu read so quickly?

The two are getting through 3 to 6 books a day- heck I've seen Dadpu read over 15 books a day! while it takes me a whole day to get through like 4 or 5 chapters!

I don't get it. I don't get it...

So here I am. In my dads office in the dark hours of morning, getting frustrated trying to comprehend this book, it's not even that long! Not even 100 pages. I've watched my siblings go through books with over 500 pages and I'm here struggling to get through the first chapter...

It's so hard... everything is jumbled and I swear the words are moving on me!

It's like a jigsaw puzzle, all the pieces are there but I've got to figure out which go where.

It's takes a lot of effort to read a lame, little sentence. It's tiring...

How does my family read books without wanting to slam their heads against a wall?! They look so calm when their reading, why aren't I the same...?

I stared at the page in pain, ready to bash my head against the wall, I feel tears forming but I just want to understand!

Why can't I understand...?

~

Okay, this was probably offensive to those who actually have Dyslexia.

I tried keeping it minimal, I wanted it to be a worser case of Dyslexia but the only actual symptom of Dyslexia I know of is movement of words and I know that not every dyslexic person actually sees words move.

Please forgive me and I'm sorry this was bad and no offence at all to the dyslexic community! But I do head cannon Atlas as a dyslexic.

And if you have any tips on how to write better or factual information about dyslexia please, tell me.