Pilot

(Y/n) sat at home with a bowl of ice cream in her hands, her sweatpants on, and a tv show running on her television. Her sister, Emma, was currently out on a job, collecting a fake date as a bail bondsperson. Today was a special day for the both of them because, well, today was their birthday. After years of being separated through the foster system, Emma had managed to use her influence in bail bonds to find her twin sister.

When they were in the system together, they had been inseparable, the two of them relying on each other for nearly everything. They had no name when they were separated, but when Emma found (Y/n), the latter discovered that her sister had taken on the name Swan. They both agreed to keep their decided names, for (Y/n) had taken on the last name of Adler. (Y/n), in her younger years, had discovered the book of Sherlock Holmes stories, and was intrigued with the character of Irene Adler, the only woman smart enough to stump the great detective. Taking the last name, she later discovered it meant 'eagle' in German, which only pushed her to keep it.

Today had been a relaxing day for (Y/n) and Emma. They didn't consider their birthday to be too big of a deal, considering they were left abandoned on the side of the road right after the both of them were born. On top of that, this would only be the fifth birthday they had spent together after they were reunited. They had turned 28 today, and (Y/n) knew today would be no different for her and her sister than any other day of the year.

Hearing the door unlock, her head was drawn to the door for a moment, seeing Emma come through in her pink dress, kicking off her heels as soon as she got inside. "Hey, Em," (Y/n) called from her spot on the couch, causing Emma to slightly jump from being startled. She paused the tv and turned around to look at her sister. "How was the date?"

"Well, he's gonna find his ass in court by tomorrow," Emma responded, and set a white paper bag down on the countertop.

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows at the bag, and took her bowl of ice cream to the sink, asking, "So, what's in the bag?"

"I thought maybe, just maybe, we could celebrate the fact that we're turning 28 today," Emma responded, taking out two cupcake boxes and setting them on the counter, along with a box of star shaped candles.

"Let's do it," (Y/n) grinned, and took one of the cupcakes out of the boxes before setting it down and grabbing a candle, Emma doing the same beside her. Emma had a blue candle, while (Y/n) had a red one. They lit their candles together, and looked down at the little flames. "So, what are we gonna wish this year?"

"Same as we always do..." Emma said with a shake of her head, taking her sister's hand for a moment before letting go, leaning down in front of her candle. "Another banner year."

Closing their eyes, the twin sisters blew out their candles together, the smoke rising from where the flame had been extinguished. As soon as this happened, however, the doorbell rang to their apartment, which never happened. Ever. The twins were mostly loners, neither of them able to keep a stable relationship for very long. "Were you expecting someone?" (Y/n) asked, both of them looking at the door.

"No... were you?"

"Definitely not."

Letting out a sigh, Emma wiped her hands together and said, "I guess there's only one way to find out." Walking to the door, she opened it, expecting to see someone standing in front of her. However, she didn't see anyone until she looked about two feet downward where a little brown haired boy stood, looking up at Emma. "Um... Can I help you?"

"Are you Emma Swan?" the boy asked, and (Y/n) came up by her sister to join lookin down at the boy. He was adorable, that was for sure, but the issue was he was all alone.

"Yeah. Who are you?" Emma asked, feeling (Y/n)'s gaze over her shoulder.

"My name's Henry. I'm your son," the boy, Henry said, and (Y/n) felt her eyes go wide as plates as she stared at the kid in front of her. Emma seemed just as struck, her mouth hanging open a little bit in shock before the boy slid under her arm and into their apartment.