A Land Without Magic

Henry was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, and quickly rushed into the nearest room with Emma at his side, trying to gain some sort of response from him as the doctors wheeled him to a room. (Y/n) was quickly behind them, rushing to keep up with her family. One of the nurses tried to get Emma out of the way, but she refused to move.

Dr. Whale tried shining light in Henry's eyes to check him, but he said, "There's no pupil response. What happened? Did he fall? Hit his head?"

"He ate this," Emma said, holding up the apple turnover in a bag. "I think it's poisoned." Dr. Whale checked Henry's mouth, but saw nothing. When he asked more questions, Emma exploded and said, "He took a bite of this and then he just collapsed! So run the test for arsenic or bleach or Drano or whatever could have done this to him!"

"The boy is showing no symptoms that would suggest neurotoxin. So whatever's going on, this is not the culprit," Dr. Whale said, taking the turnover.

"How can you say that after what we just told you?!" (Y/n) shouted at him, shocked by his lack of understanding.

"What else could it be?" Emma whimpered out, her worry overcoming her.

"I don't know. That's what I'm trying to find out," Dr. Whale said, and moved away to grab some gear.

"He's going to be okay, though, right?" Emma questioned, looking down at her son, who now had an oxygen pump over his nose and mouth to feed him air.

"Right now, we just need to stabilize him 'cause he's slipping away," Dr. Whale told them, making them panic. "Is there anything else that you can remember? Any little detail?"

"We already told you everything. Do something!" Emma said, and grabbed Henry's backpack as she placed it on a vacant bed, opening it and pouring out the contents.

"Look, I understand you're frustrated, Miss Swan, I do, but I need something to treat. And right now, there is no explanation. It's like..."

"Magic," (Y/n) finished off for him, seeing Emma gaze at the storybook that landed on the hospital bed among the other things in Henry's bag.

"(Y/n)..." Emma said, taking the book and suddenly realizing the truth. "This is a curse, isn't it?"

(Y/n) looked at her sister and gulped, nodding her head and saying, "Yes. Regina's curse. Her sleeping curse."

Speak of the devil, Regina came barging into the hospital room, crying out, "Where's my son?!"

A sudden anger and intent overcame Emma's face, a look in which (Y/n) had never seen before. "You did this," Emma whispered, and turned around to grab hold of Regina's arm before pulling her into a storage closet and throwing her against the wall. (Y/n) watched as the door closed in front of her, standing shocked for a moment, before rushing towards the door and opening it to see Emma holding Regina in a lock up against a locker.

"Stop, that's my son!!"

"He's sick because of you!!" Emma roared, interrupting Regina's plea. "That apple turnover you gave me, he ate it!!"

Regina seemed horrified at the news she was given. "What...? It was meant for you!"

"Regina, you have no right to even be speaking right now," (Y/n) stated, her voice low and fueled by anger.

"It's true, isn't it?" Emma snarled quietly, but with a danger in her tone.

"What are you talking about?" Regina feigned ignorance.

"It's true, isn't it?! All of it."

Regina looked at her, defeated, and he head hit the locker behind her as she nodded. "Yes."