Hat Trick

Emma and (Y/n) brought Mr. Gold back from the pawn shop so they could discuss with Mary Margaret about the arraignment the next morning. It was getting late, so when they saw Henry reading his book in one of the waiting chairs in the sheriff's station, they were both very confused.

"Henry? What are you doing here?" Emma asked, the boy looking up from his book with grin at them.

"I came to congratulate you," he said, drawing them into even more confusion.

"What for?" (Y/n) questioned, a tiny smirk on her lips.

"Your genius plan."

"And what plan is that, Henry?" Gold asked. When Henry looked down in fear of the man asking, Gold nodded his head and said, "Right," before heading on down to Mary Margaret's cell.

Once he was gone and out of sight, Henry looked back at the twins and said, "Sorry, I thought Mr. Gold was in on it now that he's Miss. Blanchard's lawyer."

"In on what?" Emma asked him.

Henry looked at her, befuddled, and said, "The escape plan."

"Wait- the what?" (Y/n) said, more rhetorically, now worried that something had happened with Mary Margaret.

"Sheriff, Deputy, could you join me, please?" Gold asked form the office room, sending a panic through both of them. When they turned the corner, they saw Mary Margaret's cell door wide open, and no one inside. "She's gone."

"Oh, no, no, no," (Y/n) said, putting a hand on her forehead in exasperation. If Mary Margaret ran, that meant that she was now a fugitive, which put her in even worse of a place in the eyes of the law than before. Especially when she didn't do anything.

"Henry, what did you do?" Emma demanded, walking towards the cell.

"Nothing! She was gone when I got here," Henry defended himself, raising his hands in a surrender position.

"Her arraignment's tomorrow. If she's not there..."

"She's a fugitive," (Y/n) cut off Gold.

"It doesn't matter if she's convicted for Kathryn or not, she's screwed," Emma finished, and turned to walk out the door. "I have to go find her before someone notices she's missing."

"You mean Regina?" Gold filled in the blank.

"The arraignment's at 8:00 am. I'm sure she'll be here bright and early to celebrate her victory," Emma said, taking her gun from her drawer in her office.

"You have until 8:00 am, then."

"I'm coming with you," (Y/n) said, and just as Emma was about to retort, (Y/n) stopped her by saying, "Two pairs of eyes are better than one. Besides, if she comes back, Gold will be here to get her back in her cell."

"What about me? How can I help?" Henry asked as (Y/n) took her own gun from her deputy desk, putting it in the waistband of her pants.

"Go home," Emma told him firmly.

"Emma, if she leaves Storybrooke..."

Emma silenced her son by placing a hand on his shoulder and saying, "Not now, Henry. Come on."

"Miss Swan, Miss Adler, I know time is of the essence, but if Miss Blanchard doesn't return, her future's in jeopardy," Mr. Gold stated, but (Y/n) was itching to leave to find their friend. "And if you both are caught helping her, so are yours."

"I'd rather lose my badge than lose my friend, Mr. Gold," (Y/n) stated, her foot halfway out the door. "Regina can suck on that."

"(Y/n), easy. Come on, let's go," Emma called, and the two of them raced to the yellow bug where Emma pulled out of her designated parking spot and headed for the woods.