The Thing You Love Most

When (Y/n) woke up the next morning, she had to remember where she was. She had to remember the insane day before, and the fact that Emma's son, who she had given away, had come and dragged them both to a town called Storybrooke in Maine. Sitting up, she saw the sun peeking through the curtains of her window, and sighed. Getting up and getting dressed, she went over to Emma's room and knocked on the door, seemingly waking her sister, due to the fact that it took her a good thirty seconds to reach the door and open it, looking slightly edged.

"You still get out of bed earlier than me, you know that, right?" Emma groaned, letting her sister in.

"Oh, yeah. I know," (Y/n) said with a laugh, and looked out the window at the town square. "Hey, that clock's moving."

"What?" Emma asked, and looked to where she was gazing. Sure enough, the clocktower that Henry had said had been frozen since he was born, was moving as the time ticked by. "Huh. All right I need coffee."

"I can head over to that diner and get you some," (Y/n) offered, moving away from the door.

"No, no, it's fine. We can go down there later together. See the town a little more and maybe try to find Henry," Emma spoke, but she was cut off by a knock at the door.

Opening it, they saw Regina standing there with a smile on her face and a basket of apples in her hand. "Did you know that the honey crisp tree is the most vigorous and hardy of all apple trees?" she questioned, and (Y/n) didn't. But then again, she didn't care either. "It can survive temperatures as low as 40 below and keep growing. It can weather any storm. I have one that I've tended to since I was a little girl. And to this day, I have yet to taste anything more delicious than the fruit it offers." Regina took one of the beautiful red apples from the basket and held it up to Emma.

"Thanks," Emma said, giving her a weird look as she took the apple.

"I'm sure you'll enjoy them on the drive home," Regina urged, and held out the basket for them to take.

"Actually, we're gonna stay for a while," Emma told her, reveling in the fact that Regina's face fell just a little bit at the statement.

"I'm not sure that's such a good idea," Regina claimed, holding the basket close to her again. "Henry has enough issues. He doesn't need you confusing him."

"All due respect, Madam Mayor, the fact that you have now threatened us twice in the last 12 hours makes me want to stay more," Emma grinned, and (Y/n) hid her laugh behind her hand.

"Since when were apples a threat?" Regina asked innocently.

"I can read between the lines," Emma stated. "Sorry. I just want to make sure Henry's okay."

"He's fine, dear," Regina said, and (Y/n) rolled her eyes. "Any problems he has are being taken care of."

"What in the hell does that mean?" (Y/n) questioned, now joining the conversation, obviously to Regina's annoyance.

"It means, not that it's any of your concern, Miss Adler, that I have him in therapy," Regina said, giving a pointed glare at her. "It's all under control. Take my advice, Miss Swan, only one of us knows what's best for Henry."

"Yeah. I'm starting to think you're right about that," Emma said back, her gaze unwavering.

Regina was clearly holding in her anger, her head tilted to the side as she stated, "It's time for you to go. Both of you."

"Or what?"

Stepping closer to her, getting right in Emma's face, Regina shook her head and said, "Don't underestimate me, Miss Swan. You have no idea what I'm capable of."