What Happened to Frederick

After Emma attempting to team up with Sidney to take down Regina, only to end up misinterpreting an array of documents and blueprints, (Y/n) thought it would be a good idea for her to take a break, but of course, she refused. When Mr. Gold had someone break into his home and steal his belongings, things became more complicated. Emma found the man that did it, but he was in Gold's clutches being beaten to death while Gold kept screaming 'it's your fault' at him. This, on top of Henry's book being missing and Emma being forced to stay away from Henry for a few weeks, was just the tip of the iceberg of issues for the twins. (Y/n) had been keeping Henry company for a few days, the boy getting to know his aunt a little better, and learning the reason for why she had the last name of Adler and not Swan like Emma.

(Y/n) was walking to Granny's, when she saw the familiar motorcycle sitting out front of the diner. Knowing who it belonged to, she sighed, knowing August was inside. However, just when she went to go in, he came out, and he grinned a little when he saw her. "I've been meaning to bump into you. Matter of fact, I was hoping we might grab that drink you promised."

"Are you trying to ask me out?" she asked, putting her hands in her brown jacket.

"If putting a label on it makes you more comfortable, sure, let's call it a date," August told her, but before she could say anything, he spoke again. "I already spoke to your sister, so don't worry about that."

(Y/n)'s eyebrows furrowed as she said, "You spoke to Emma?" When August merely looked at her, she asked, "First of all, how'd you even know we were sisters?"

"She let it slip when I took her for a conversation. We spoke for a little while and... well, she deemed it appropriate for me to be allowed to talk to you," August told her, and (Y/n) let out a scoff. "Not that I wouldn't try without her permission."

"Second of all, what are you trying to do here?" (Y/n) questioned, a little bit wary of the situation now. "With both me and Emma being... 'taken' by you, what's your goal?"

"I just wanted to talk."

"I thought you came here to write."

August smirked and said, "Well, I'm optimistic about our date."

"Here's the thing," (Y/n) said, and stepped up to him. "I don't go out with guys if they try for both me and my sister at the same time. Kind of kills the magic."

"I was merely gaining her trust," August stated, making (Y/n) raise an eyebrow. "To be able to ask you for a drink. Speak to her yourself, then meet me here after work." He walked backwards, both of them keeping their eyes on one another before he turned and got on his motorcycle as (Y/n) walked into the diner.

Mary Margaret and Emma looked up from what they were doing, Mary Margaret having an alarmed look on her face while Emma sat stoic. "Who was that?" Mary Margaret asked, her eyes out the window.

"Well, I don't really know," (Y/n) answered, sitting in front of them in the booth. "Not yet."

"Yet. So you're going to find out?"

"I really regret allowing him to talk me into letting you do this," Emma said, spinning her cup in her hand as Mary Margaret questioned what she meant.

"It's nothing, seriously, Mary Margaret," (Y/n) tried to ease her friend, who merely gave her playful, scrutinizing eyes.

"If it were nothing we wouldn't be talking about it," Mary Margaret stated.

"Well, then, let's not, shall we? I thought we were here to talk about you?"

Mary Margaret's face changed as she said, "Yeah, but talking about you is easier right now."

"What is it? What's going on?" Emma questioned, and Mary Margaret looked around before leaning into the table for both of them.