An Apple Red as Blood

When the three of them reached Storybrooke once more, Emma kicked August out of her car as fast as possible, stopping by his bike. (Y/n) looked at him regrettably, but her merely shook his head at her, telling her it was all right. Emma drove them home as fast as she could, and by the time they reached home, it was 9:00, and (Y/n) was exhausted. She quickly got dressed for bed and went to sleep by 10, not realizing that Emma had stayed up late and left the apartment, a packed bag at her side.

When (Y/n) woke up the next morning, she went down the stairs to the living room of the apartment, expecting to see Emma up and ready for the day. But she wasn't there. In fact, she was nowhere to be found in the entire apartment. (Y/n) began to worry when Emma didn't answer her phone, wondering where Emma had gone and why she had left without saying anything. It took everything in Mary Margaret to calm (Y/n) down at the sight of her missing sister. Mary Margaret offered to get her a glass of orange juice for the morning, to which (Y/n) sat down at the table, nodding her head. As she poured a cup, the door opened, and, low and behold, in walked Emma with her bag at her side and her jacket on her shoulders.

"Emma, I swear to God, if you do anything like that ever again, I will track you down myself and kill you!" (Y/n) shouted, standing up from her seat and looking at her sister in anger.

"I thought you'd left," Mary Margaret said, her passive aggressive anger hiding for the moment as she brought (Y/n) the orange juice, now to calm her down.

"Mary Margaret, (Y/n)..."

"But I couldn't tell for sure because you didn't bother to say goodbye," Mary Margaret spoke over her, her voice firm and clearly upset as she worked on her breakfast. Looking up at Emma's guilty face, she continued. "Do you remember when I left, when I ran, what you said to me? You said, 'we have to stick together'. That we're like family."

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left," Emma apologized, to which (Y/n) scoffed at her.

"You're damn right, you shouldn't have left!" (Y/n) spoke up loudly, standing from her seat.

"Why, after everything, did you just go?" Mary Margaret demanded, very clearly upset now. It was not often that Mary Margaret got mad or let her temper get the best of her, but she was very, very pissed off with Emma's actions at the moment.

"I don't wanna be sheriff. I don't want people relying on me. I don't want this. Any of it," Emma stated.

"What about Henry?" Mary Margaret questioned like a bell reminder.

Emma hesitated, her face stone set as she said, "I took him with me."

Mary Margaret, unable to comprehend this statement, stepped away from her breakfast and crossed her arms over her chest as (Y/n) nearly dropped the orange juice that was in her hand, setting it down instead. "You abducted him," Mary Margaret stated.

"Maybe."

"Emma, why on God's green Earth would you think kidnapping Henry was a good idea in any scenario?!" (Y/n) raised her voice once more, her sister's idiocy becoming too much to handle for one day, let alone one morning.

"I wanted my son away from Regina," Emma countered, and before (Y/n) could retort with how kidnapping was only going to get her arrested, Mary Margaret spoke up.

"So, you don't want people to rely on you, but you took your son?" she relayed the conversation back, and Emma looked down. "Now that sounds like a stable home for him," Mary Margaret spoke very sarcastically, her face almost twitching with anger. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I want what's best for him."

"And running is what's best for him? Or is that what's best for you?" Mary Margaret asked her rhetorically. "You're reverting, Emma, into the person you were before you got here, and I thought you changed."