The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

(Y/n) had a rather... interesting week. David was able to come home from the hospital, but of course, he had begun to feel something for Mary Margaret while still being married to Kathryn, who was gleefully oblivious to her husbands certain feelings towards the teacher. Mary Margaret had agreed to meet David by the toll bridge, but when they met, he had regained his memory of who he was before, David Nolan, and his life with Kathryn, leaving Mary Margaret broken hearted.

Graham had also been caught in the crossfire of Emma and (Y/n)'s wrath when the two of them were on patrol at night, as Graham had put them on, and saw someone sneaking out of Regina's house. Running him down, they discovered it was Graham, who had been having secret meet ups with Regina for as long as they could remember. Emma was certainly more pissed off than (Y/n), and she knew it was because Emma was feeling something for Graham, no matter how much she denied it to her sister. She knew she hid it behind a wall of indifference, but she was truly angry with Graham for having lied to them about needing to work on top of his late night tango with Regina.

The next night, Emma came home from Granny's rather fuming. (Y/n) didn't know what it was about, considering her sister walked right up the stairs, avoiding her eyes, but she had a feeling it had something to do with Graham. The morning after, (Y/n) woke up and made herself a cup of coffee, seeing a bouquet of flowers laying on the dining table. She smirked slightly, but considering Mary Margaret didn't make it home last night either, she wasn't sure if they were from Graham to Emma or from Mary Margaret's lover to her.

"Really?" she saw Emma say as she came down the stairs, looking at the flowers on the table.

When she took them and went for the garbage, Mary Margaret came rushing in and said, "Oh, hey, wait! What're you doing?"

When Emma put the flowers in the garbage, (Y/n) huffed a little laugh and said, "What did those flowers do to you?"

"If Graham thinks flowers'll work on me-"

"No, those... were mine," Mary Margaret said rather timidly, and Emma looked back from getting her sweater, a slight 'oh' leaving her.

"From David?" Emma questioned, pulling on her sweater.

"Oh, I don't think those were from David," (Y/n) said with a shake of her head as she watched Mary Margaret's body language, going in for another sip of coffee.

"Um... They're from Dr. Whale," Mary Margaret revealed, making (Y/n) choke slightly, and try not to spit her coffee out on the counter. Out of everyone in town, she chose Dr. Whale to have a one night stand with?

"Are you serious?" Emma questioned, looking between her sister and Mary Margaret.

"I know. It's a disaster," Mary Margaret groaned as she set a couple books down on the coffee table by the couch.

"No, that's amazing. You're getting over David," Emma pointed out, going towards her sister in the kitchen.

"First of all, there's nothing to get over, and second of all, it was just a one night stand," Mary Margaret corrected, moving to the counter.

"Not according to those flowers," Emma voiced with a smirk on her face.

"Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have called him."

"Oh, my- You called him??" (Y/n) asked, leaning forward against the counter as Mary Margaret kept her eyes on pouring her coffee. "Honey, that isn't a one night stand."

"Okay, I'm still learning! I've never had one before," Mary Margaret partially complained, partially smirked. "I felt guilty."

"Oh, please, stay innocent," (Y/n) whispered to herself about her black haired friend. "So, so innocent."