-Six-

Public Exposure

The next day seemed to drag on for Sae. It had continued raining through the night and into the morning. The rain had subsided, with the sun now attempting to shine through the grey clouds that were beginning to clear out. She had kept to herself for most of the morning. Choosing to stay in her room, scrolling through social media, as a movie played on her laptop.

Her father had come home for lunch by mid day. So she ate with Him out on their patio. She kept up a text conversation with Emma throughout the day. The girl going on & on about her mother cracking down on her.
Rafe had texted her around five, to double check when he would come to pick Her up for the party.
Sae had told her father that she would be out with Emma & Wren for a few hours.
Her parents trusted her enough not to question it.

And before Sae knew it, she was already finishing up getting ready for the party. Rafe would be by any minute to pick her up, and she wanted to get outside and leave, before her parents had time to notice it was him picking her up and not the girls. Luckily tonight was one of her parents assigned 'movie nights' for the month. So it would take a lot to pry either of them from the living room.

Sae sat in front of her vanity, finishing up applying her mascara.
She'd chosen to leave her hair down, but had curled the ends softly. She wasn't planning on getting in the pool or hot tub this time, so she opted out of a bathing suit. Instead going with a black tube top, and a pair of high waisted jean shorts. Wanting to stick with a more casual appearance. And she finished it with a pair of her worn out sandals.
She wasn't really in the mood for a party, but everyone was expecting her. So she could fake if for a few hours.

Sae's phone buzzed from her vanity top. A text from Rafe, saying that he was out front.
So, she quickly grabbed her phone, and her bag, and hustled downstairs.

"Bye, I'll be back late!" Sae shouted in at her parents.

"Bye, honey."
"Be safe!"
They both shouted back in unison. Neither really taking their eyes off the tv.

The sun had set by now, as Sae jogged to Rafe's truck, and quickly hopped in.
"Let's go before they realize I lied to them." She instructed, buckling herself in.

"What did you tell them?" Rafe chuckled as he began back down the paved drive.

"That I was having a girls night out with Wren & Emma." Sae shrugged.

It didn't take them long to arrive at Kacy's house. Seeing as her home was located just a few blocks away. The party seeming to be well underway. With music playing loudly from inside, and a crowd of people alternating between the house, and the pool.
Rafe had found a parking spot, and gotten out to open Sae's door for her.

"Thanks chivalry." Sae teased, although it felt forced on her part now, and she hated that she felt that way.

"Anything for my Girl." He grinned, wrapping his arm over her shoulders, pulling her into his side as they walked.
Sae smiled as well, stepping onto her tiptoes to plant a quick kiss to his cheek.

"Hey guys, we were wondering when you'd get here. This parties crazy!" Kelce had met the two once they'd entered through the front door. He was already, clearly drunk, lulling over his words as he spoke.

"Where is everyone?" Sae questioned the boy, as she took the red solo cup from his hand. And took a sip of it.
Rum & coke.

"Out back." Kelce then snatched the cup away from the girl, causing her to laugh.