-Thirty-

Man Hunt

It was quiet in the Cameron household. Early morning had passed, with the two girls shuffled together in the upstairs bedroom.
It'd taken a while for both girls to calm down the night prior. With Wheezie coming to check on them around dinner. Both refusing to leave the bedroom.

As the hours ticked by, Sae's nerves continued to spiral. With no word from either of their fathers. She could only assume things hadn't gotten any better. She worried that they truly hadn't called for help.
And all the time the girls spent waiting on answers. Was more time taken away from saving the sheriff...

Sarah stared up to her white ceiling. Brows furrowed into a scowl. Arms wrapped securely around her friend. They'd stayed curled together for hours. Well after Sae had finally stopped crying.
Sarah had coaxed the girl to sleep in the early hours of the night.

Sarah wasn't even sure how much sleep she'd gotten herself. All she knew, was she couldn't stop thinking about John b.
Where he could be, if the police had gotten to him. Or if he'd managed to track down the Pogues after running off?

Sae's head laid against Her shoulder. The dark haired girl breathing softly in her sleep. Sarah gently running her fingers through the girls tangled hair.

But the two weren't left unattended for much longer. Sarah jumping in her spot, as her bedroom door was pulled open.
Her father entering, with Ryan Richmond stood just in the hall.

"Dad."
Sarah's voice pulled Sae from her sleep. Causing the girl to groggily open her eyes. Turning over her shoulder, she spotted the man approaching.

Sae quickly released Sarah, only to shuffle away from the man's advance towards them. Her eyes darting towards her own father who hastily made his way in after his friend.

"What happened?" Sarah spoke up. Absentmindedly grasping Sae's arm, pulling her closer.

Sae watched her father make his way over. The man wasting no time in reaching for her.
"We'll talk out—"

"No, Sae's not going anywhere!" Sarah became defensive. Attempting to fight against the man, as he pulled her friend away. Ward holding his daughter back from following them.

"Sarah?" Sae called after the blonde. As her father gripped her arm, pulling her out into the hall.

"Sarah calm down, everything's going to be fine—" Ward tried to assure her.

Sae's heart began pounding against her chest. Her father not sparing her a glance, as he began down the stairs.
"Stop!" She tried to pry his hold away.

"I don't have time for this Sae." Ryan spoke. Effortlessly keeping ahold of her arm. Seeing as he was much stronger than the girl.

Once off the stairs, Sae dug her heels into the tiled floor of the Foyer. Forcing her father to halt.
"What happened to Sheriff Peterkin, is she alive?" She questioned.

Ryan turned to his daughter, releasing her arm. Only to place his hands onto her shoulders. Keeping her in place, his jaw tensing.
"...I'm sorry Sae."

The older man watched, as his daughters emerald eyes rounded. Her shoulders began rising rapidly, as she tried to control her breathing. Tears welling, as she shook her head.
"No... you called for help, didn't you? You just let her die—"
Sae gasped, as her father gripped her shoulders, shaking her.

"I didn't let her die." He hissed sharply. Brown eyes darkening, as he leaned closer to her level.
"Officer Shoupe came, we got her to the Hospital... it was too late."  He explained. His harsh tone slowly fading with each word.