-Twenty Eight-

Who Killed Who?

"This is gonna be awkward..." Pope uttered to himself. Having been the one to find the two on the Hammock the next morning.

It was early, a heavy fog settled amongst the marsh. Making it difficult to see past the back yard of the Château.
But the dark skinned boy had spotted the two easily.

He really shouldn't be surprised, but he was.
Especially seeing them so close, and completely at ease.
JJ nearly had the girl suffocated in his arms.

Pope sighed, choosing to leave them be. Instead moving towards the shed, where he'd left the equipment for the levy.
There was only one way to be sure everything would be put together correctly.
And that was to do it himself.

As the morning sun rose higher over the horizon. The fog began to clear out, taking the cool nip in the breeze with it.

Pope had put off using power tools as long as he could. Hoping his three remaining friends would wake up on their own.
But no such luck.
So he grit his teeth, as he cut the power saw on. It's engine whirling loudly throughout the property.

Sae's eyes jumped open at the sudden commotion. Grogginess still weighing her down... at least her first thought was grogginess.

As she made a move to stretch, she quickly realized she couldn't. Glancing down to her stomach, where two arms wrapped around her from behind.
She blinked, also noting his legs that tangled with hers...

Sae was able to shift slightly in her position. Allowing her to move onto her back, only seeming to draw her closer to the boy.

Heat flushed over her features, as his hold on her tightened. His brows furrowing softly in his sleep. Light snores escaping his parted lips.
Sae watched him quietly, a small smile pulling at her features.

It was comforting to see him so relaxed. A part of her didn't want to disturb him.
But, as the power saw sounded just a few yards away. Sae knew Pope had taken it upon himself to build the levy system. And she didn't want the Heyward boy to end up with all the work.

Sae sighed softly, admiring the blonde boy for a few moments longer. Before beginning to peel his kuala like grip off her.
It had been easy for her to free her legs from his.
But as she attempted to loosen his arms, they only seemed to tighten.
Until there was no way of escaping quietly.

"...JJ?" She started off at a whisper. With Pope banging around in the distance, she realized remaining quiet wouldn't work.

She wasn't aware of just how heavy a sleeper JJ was. Considering the time he'd stayed over at her place, and been the first to wake up the next day.
Or even their first night on the hammocks. Everyone had woken up relatively at the same time...

"JJ~" she sang in amusement. Smiling to herself when she still received no response from the boy.

Lifting her hand, she placed it over his features. Gently squishing his cheeks together. As she leaned closer to him, blowing a puff of air into his face.

JJ's eyes finally shot open, round with confusion. A low groan escaping him.

Sae erupting into laughter at the expression she'd managed from him. His eyes wide, and lips pursed into a sort of 'kissy' motion.
Her hand still holding his jaw, as she giggled.

It took him a moment to register what had happened. His own grogginess fogging his mind.
But as he focused onto the girl beside him. His brain began to wake up.