-Seven-

The Mainland Trip

Four days had passed since Kacy's party, and the potential fight between Rafe and JJ.
It was now Tuesday morning, and Sae had woken up early to style her hair for her trip with her friends.

Emma, Wren and Sae had planned the day trip for dress shopping. Although she hadn't spoken to either of them since the party. Or Rafe for that matter...
she'd sent a confirmation text to their chat last night. Receiving simple replies from both girls.

So, Sae sat on one of the benches, waiting on the docks by the ferry. The boat left in an hour, but she was hoping to grab a coffee with the girls before boarding. Wanting to talk things over with them.
It was still early, with a mist set in the air.

Sae had styled a curl to her hair. She was dressed in a simple pastel green sun dress. That reached her mid thigh. She wore a pair of white sneakers, her gold '2002' necklace, and a simple grey, fuzzy sweater for the morning chill. Her shoulder bag sat by her feet.
She'd texted both the girls separately, double checking when they'd arrive.
So the Richmond girl sat, people watching, for the time being.

As more time passed, her phone chimed from her lap.
It was a text from Wren, and before she could even read it, a text from Emma chimed in after.

Sorry can't make it today
:/ my dad is picking me up
Was Wren's poor excuse, using her divorced parents.

Saeeee I'm sososososo sorry
mom found out i was going to be gone all day. It's not a weekend, so she told me no :'(
Was Emma's response.

They both bailed, last minute?
Sure, Sae was irritated with them, but what upset her more was that they chose to ignore her rather than talk things through?

It was nearly 8am, and the ferry would be leaving in forty minutes. Sae hadn't woken up at the butt crack of dawn to get ready, just to stay home...
she wasn't going to give up her trip to the mainland, she'd already had it all mapped out. But, she sure as shit didn't want to go by herself. Even if she did, once her parents found out they'd kill her.

So, she sat for a moment, biting her lip harshly as she thought.
No way would she invite Kacy. Ethan was a no, souly because Him and Sae weren't that close to begin with.
She didn't want to ask Topper, because he'd ask to many questions.
She mulled over inviting Sarah... the Cameron girl seemed like a nice option, but Sae didn't want to bother her, and she was worried that Sarah would tell Top.

Sae pulled up her contacts, scrolling through them. That's when she stopped at JJ's Name. Instantly thinking back to their messaging the other night.
He'd continued texting her over the last few days. Their conversations seeming to expand beyond just memes.
He was a funny dude, and Sae had caught herself laughing at some of his messages. They hadn't talked about anything too serious, instead keeping all of their chats lighthearted.
Hell, they'd just spoken last night...
Sae clicked onto their chat, and began typing away.

whatcha doin?
She placed her phone down onto her bare legs, as she waited. It was Tuesday, he probably had to work today?
She wasn't sure why she was so nervous of his reply.
So what if he said no? It wouldn't be the end of the world... although Sae couldn't help but hope that he wouldn't reject her invite.
Her phone chimed.

Debating breakfast why what's up?

Sae took a deep breath, before continuing.

So I'm currently waiting for the ferry. My friends abandoned me:/
& I was just wondering if maybe you'd want to hang out?