-Twenty Three-

A Series Of  Unfortunate Events

Vol.1 - The Warrant

The only remaining evidence of yesterdays fight. Consisted of JJ's busted lip, the split on Pope's forehead (Which he conveniently covered with His hat)
And Sae's nose, that hadn't dropped its red color.  Faint bruising had formed under her eyes over night. But luckily for Sae, it was easy to cover up with the right foundation.
But the bridge of her nose was still sensitive.

Which she realized promptly upon awakening. Actually, it was more, how she'd been woken up?

The boys had ended up on the pull out couch. Sae & Kiara agreeing to share John b's bed.
Although Sae hadn't been aware of the Carrera girls sleeping habits. Which is how she'd ended up being kicked throughout the night, with an elbow to the face by morning.

Still with no sign or word from John b. Pope suggested they all head to his dads shop. The Rutledge boy was scheduled to be there to help Pope & Bobby pack all the catering stuff for Midsummers...

"Man, my mom will not stop with this crap!" Kiara grumbled. As she typed hastily on her phone.
The girl was leaned up against the front counter of Heywards Seafood shop. Sae propped up beside her. Emerald eyes absentmindedly glancing towards the girls phone.

"Let me take a wild guess, and say it has something to do with tonight?" Sae chimed. Gaining an annoyed eye roll from Kiara.

"I told her weeks ago, that I didn't want to go. She's already picked a dress for me and everything. She hasn't stopped texting me all morning!" Kie huffed. Shoving her phone into her pocket.

"Lucky for me, my phones dead. So I don't have to deal with my moms frenzy." Sae gave an amused smile. Her attention wandering over to Pope & JJ. Who were stood across the shop, rummaging through a stack of magazines.

"Isn't she like, in charge of everything at the club? I'm surprised she even let you leave with me last night. I figured she'd force you to help with decorations or something." Kie continued.

Sae shook her head.
"Heck no, I stopped helping with that stuff years ago. Club stuff is strictly my moms business... most of the time anyways?"

"My mom is so hell bent on giving me the same experiences she had. She doesn't even consider if I want them or not." Kiara folded her arms in front of her.

"I wish I could get out of going..." Sae muttered. Pondering over having to see everyone there. Having to pretend everything is fine, and all the dramatics hadn't been nauseating.

An amused smile crept over Kiara's features.
"Just wipe off that makeup, and let them see your nose. I'm sure they'd let you stay home then." She teased.

Sae shot the girl a mock glare. But she couldn't refrain from smiling herself. The two girls sharing in laughter. Just as Pope & JJ made their way over.

"What's so funny?" JJ questioned. Standing directly in front of Sae.

"Do you think they'll let Sae into the Club looking like the walking dead?" Kiara continued her teasing. They all had witnessed Sae's bruising earlier that morning.

"It's not even that bad! You can't really tell after makeup anyway?" Sae defended. Absentmindedly reaching up to pat the bridge of her nose.
The sting of soreness slowly subsiding.

"You look hot all the time, it's no big deal?" JJ blurted out, a shit eating grin on his features.

Sae's eyes cut to his, before rolling towards the ceiling.
"Shut up seaweed brain. It was your bag that hit me." She countered.