-Nine-

Caught On Camera

✌︎

A week had passed since Sae apologized, and made up with Rafe. A week of them going about their regular business.

It'd been a week of Sae Richmond pretending everything was back to normal, even if she'd been in the most uncomfortable position ever in her life.
It'd also been another week of Wren avoiding her texts, and Emma giving the driest replies known to man.
Sae finally gave up two days ago, and had kept to herself since. Seeing as Rafe was gone for a couple of days with Topper.

They'd be back in time for the plans they'd all made involving Ethan & Kacy... which Sae was not looking forward to. They had originally planned on everyone meeting up for dinner, which Sae quickly tossed because her and Wren weren't speaking. Then Topper suggested just the five of them. Needless to say Sae put up a fight against Kacy, but Ethan had promised to keep her reeled in for the night.

So, that's how Sae had ended up in town Thursday, with none other than JJ Maybank Himself. The two had kept in touch quite frequently after their mainland trip. Texting constantly, and JJ even took to calling her every evening to ask about her day.
Which Sae hadn't even put together that it'd become an everyday occurrence. Too caught up with her now forced relationship. Which she would dump all the details onto JJ every evening.

He didn't particularly enjoy having to listen to Sae complain on & on about her feelings for Rafe, but he could manage for the time being. In hopes that things would turn around soon.
Which was the main reason he had agreed to hang out with Sae today. She called him up, saying she was board and wanted to talk. He suggested they go do something.

Although he hadn't planned on that something, being directly in town where anyone could see them together. That had caused him to be on guard. He'd dressed casually, in his cargo shorts, work boots, and one of his self made tank tops, that used to be a whole t-shirt. Finishing it off with one of his well loved, and worn out hats. Which he wore so he could cover his face if need be.

Sae, however, didn't care if anyone they knew saw them together. She dressed in a not so usual way for herself. Choosing something more casual as well, which was a switch up from her regular 'dress to impress' demeanor.

She wore a pair of high waisted jean shorts, that hugged her hips and thighs perfectly. A cropped, navy blue tank top, with a grey & navy plaid button up to pull over. Finishing with a pair of white sneakers, her go to gold '2002' necklace, and a navy bandanna wrapped over her loose hair. She wore her heart shaped sunglasses to finish off.
Although what was causal to her, still didn't seem too casual to JJ. Who had caught himself staring when she first walked up.

Sae had suggested frozen yogurt, thinking of it as a mutual agreement between the two. So they'd each gotten a cup, and were now sat outside the shop, under a brightly decorated umbrella.

"Would you relax?" Sae snipped, as she took another spoonful of her yogurt. JJ was tense, and she could tell. The way he sat, kind of hunched over, as if to attempt to hide himself.

"When you said you wanted to hang out, I didn't think you meant in the middle of Kookland." JJ countered, shooting her an annoyed expression.

"Aw, that hurts my feelings. Are you embarrassed to be seen with me, JJ?" Sae cooed, pouting her bottom lip mockingly.

JJ gave her a deadpanned look, before begrudgingly leaning back in his seat.
"No, I'm more worried about one of your friends seeing us together. Let's not forget last time, when I had to make my quick escape before your boyfriend tried to kill me."