-Twenty Nine-

Eye Witness

When JJ, Sae & Kiara had made it back to the Château last night. John b had already returned, and remained locked away in his room. It was early morning, by the time the three finally settled down.
JJ had offered to take the porch couch, so the girls could share the pull out.

Kiara had remained on the quiet side, ever since Pope was dropped off at home. The Carrera girl still seething inwardly at the boys accusations.
Sae wanted to question her, or ask if she was alright. But she decided against it. Choosing to leave the girl be, in order for her to calm down on her own.

The crew had only managed a few hours of sleep. Before everyone was awoken by John b leaving again. He'd wordlessly taken the Twinkie to who knows where.

"Kie, do you have a shirt I can borrow?" Sae muttered. Glancing towards the girl who still laid sprawled out over the pull out.

When she received no reply, Sae gently smacked her exposed leg. Earning a muffled groan.
"Sorry, I'm outta clothes too." Kiara grumbled. Pulling Sae's free pillow closer to her chest. Never even opening her eyes.

Sae's nostrils flared, as she huffed. Rummaging through her bag once more. Trying to decide which of her own shirts to recycle for the day...

"I probably have one?" JJ spoke up from the kitchen. Where he leaned against the counter. He'd been searching the house for food. Only managing a single slice of sandwich cheese that wasn't out of date yet.

Sae's attention snapped to the blond. Noting how he already had his eyes on her.
"It's okay." She shook her head. Pulling one of her dirty shirts out.

The corners of his lips quirked upwards, as he reached for his backpack.
"Really Sae, it's fine. Here." He pulled one of his own t-shirts out.

JJ rarely stayed home, so when he packed for the Château. He really packed, being prepared for any amount of time away.

The plain auburn t-shirt was being tossed her way, before she could protest further.

Kiara's eyes finally peeled open, as she peered over her shoulder towards the two.

Sae nodded, offering a pursed smile. Only feeling slightly awkward at the gesture. But it's not like she hadn't worn one of his shirts before?
"Thanks."

Kiara pulled herself into a sitting position. Just as Sae stood to go change. Watching the dark haired girl disappear down the hall.

Recycling her Jean shorts, Sae slipped on JJ's shirt. Instantly thinking back to their night out on the marsh. Looking down to the fabric, as it pooled at her hips. A small smile formed, remembering the black sea bass.

And the kiss.

Her smile faltered, glancing back to her reflection in the bathroom mirror. Her ears burning at the memory.

Clearing her throat, she busied herself with fixing her hair. Deciding to sport a pair of French braids for the day.
Totally clueless of how the day would go. She still hadn't spoken to John b about last night.
None of them had.

Sae had questions for the boy. Like, 'how the hell did Ward find out about the Gold?'
Or
'Are you insane, what do you mean Ward killed your dad!?'

A heavy weight of unease still rested upon her shoulders. She couldn't stop thinking about the brazen accusation.
It all seemed too crazy for her.
She had thought about texting Sarah last night, to ask if she'd seen John b. But she wasn't given the chance. With her phone dying, Sae was too exhausted to even think about charging it last night...