Chapter 29

When there was a knock at Nicolas's door I think my soul left my body. I pushed him off me and scrambled to my feet in a panic. "What?" Nick called out to whoever was on the other side of the door. I looked at him with wide eyes asking him what I should do. "It's me" the voice said, and I knew it was his brother. 

Nick pointed to the bathroom and motioned for me to grab my clothes along the way. I rushed into the bathroom and shut the door hearing him get up to answer the bedroom's. "You slept in," Vincent pointed out. "Thank you for stating the obvious" Nick stated dryly. 

"Gia's missing" he dropped a bomb. I pressed my ear further into the door to try my best and hear everything. "What do you mean?" Nick asked cooly. I was in a panic already. I don't know how he was so good at keeping his cool.

"Her bedroom door remained open and empty. The bed's not slept in, so Dom's in a tizzy about it, but he doesn't want dad to know," Vin explained. Shit. I didn't want Dom to be worried about me, but I had my phone tucked into my bag and hadn't heard it if he was trying to call. 

        "She was with the Russian last night. I'm sure it was another sleepover. No need for Dad to know about it," Nick brushed it off. "Mhm," was all Vin said, which worried me. "What? Why the hell are you looking at me like that?" Nick's voice turned to one of annoyance. "Thing is...Martha said she came home last night." His clever brother caught him in a lie. 

"Okay inspector gadget, and what do you want me to do about it?" Nick held strong. Vincent was quiet so I figured maybe he bought it and I knew he did when he started talking about something else entirely.

        "How was Nadia? She looks like she fucks like a porn star?" Vin disgustingly asked. I didn't hear Nick say anything. "Oh she had you at a loss for words. It was that good huh?" Vincent chuckled, messing with his younger brother. "Yeah, she was fine," Nick finally answered. I didn't like the feeling that it gave me at all. Like something uncomfortably hot inside me. 

"Come on, when are you ever this scarce on the details? What's wrong?" Vincent asked. I cursed him mentally for pressing so hard on this. "Nothing's wrong. You're right, she fucked like a porn star" Nick agreed. 

"Well you must've done something right because she asked to come back over here. She called herself a present to you," Vincent slapped his brother on the back. 'Vin, let's go downstairs and eat something, huh?" Nick diverted the attention on his brother's statement and tried getting him to leave so I could too.

        "I'm jealous. I want a sex toy waiting for me in my bedroom each night, "Vincent laughed. "Then have a go at Nadia," Nick's tone was clipped. "Woah, are you bothered by something? Damn, I hope you didn't catch feelings for that blonde Russian bombshell. That'll happen to ya when the pussy's too good. That's how they trap ya" Vincent was infuriating. 

"You know, don't you" Nick sighed. "Know what?" he played dumb. Nick remained quiet but I'm sure his expression was ringing out loud and clear. "Yeah, of course I know," Vincent finally exclaimed. "I wanted to see how long she could contain her temper in there," Vincent laughed, which made me realize he knew I was hiding here. That's why he was being obnoxious with his questions, it was purely for amusement.

        I had gotten dressed so I just walked out of the bathroom with a defeated look. "You lied to me, little miss. I asked you straight up if you had something going on between you two. Tsk tsk," he mockingly scolded me. His dark pitted eyes swam around in amusement. "There's nothing going on," I stuck to my previous statement. Vincent raised a single dark brow. 

"No? Hmm, I guess you didn't have sex loud enough for your cousin to hear," he said, making my stomach drop. Both Nick and myself snapped our heads in Vin's direction by the door.