Chapter 54

I went to the couch after all that. Nick tried coming out to say something to me, but I didn't want to hear it. I threw a remote at his head to get the point across to him, and after that he slammed the bedroom door and went to bed. I stared at the ceiling. 

I decided to take his keys to the Reaper's seemingly normal car and drive down to the 24 hour pharmacy for the morning after pill. I didn't want the chance of little Reapers being made there. 

I had tucked the gun into my shorts and drove without a care in the world. I was feeling empty. Nick was right when he said the next things to come wouldn't be any easier. This was going to be a serious blow out, and I had no idea how Nick was going to handle it. 

So long as my family is safe, the Luciano's can burn for all I care.

        It was convenient that this pharmacy had a drive thru. I pulled up to the window and a woman appeared. "I need the morning after pill" I looked her dead in the face, wanting to know if she'd judge me. "Okay, be right back" her disinterested expression never left her face. I had taken Nick's wallet, so the pill was on him. I paid and drove back to the apartment so I could grab some water and sleep.

        When I came back into the apartment Nick was sitting on the sofa and made me jump out of my skin. "Went for a joy ride, did ya?" he asked in an eerily calm voice. Shadowed rooms only added to his edge, yet he sat comfortably on the sofa like he wasn't angry at all. His false calm is scarier. 

"No, I went to get myself a pill. If there's any of you left inside me I want it dead," I spat before turning toward the kitchen and opening the fridge. 

I ripped open the packaging and cracked the water open before swallowing this annoying thing. It messes up my period and fucks with my hormones. It's not something I wanted to deal with while facing these upcoming challenges.

         When I walked back into the living room I tossed him his wallet, dropped his keys on the table, and his gun. His eyes went wide but then dropped to a glare. "Thanks for paying. I think you should be the one to sleep on the couch," I breezed by and shut the door. His hand stopped me though, and yanked it open. I almost fell, but his hands caught me and balanced me. 

"You're feeling brave tonight," he gritted out, but was trying real hard to keep his cool. "Nick, whatever happens next involves the both of us. He's your brother, but my almost killer. He's fucking over both our family's, so we're still in this together, but after that...when all is said and done...I don't ever wanna see you again. I won't ever touch you again. Ever," I told him straight up.

His face was hard, but he was careful not to even flinch a muscle in reaction to my words. 

        "Good. It's how it should be. You should never get involved with a guy like me. Friendly advice," he stated dryly before turning to head back out into the living room. "But I already have. If not you then Mikhail," I pointed out. I watched as his fists clenched. "Hey, maybe being a Russian princess won't be so bad," his voice came out cool. Sarcastic mostly. 

"Giada Bokarev" I said softly. Nick's body froze up. 

I wanted him to turn around and tell me he hated the sound of that. I wanted him to admit I mean something more to him than this sex we've shared over the past month and a half. I wanted him to tell me he liked me too. That it would kill him if I went off with Mikhail...but he said nothing. 

He went to his sofa and I stayed on the bed, silently crying myself to sleep.

-

        The next morning I woke up to an empty apartment. There was a half ass note on the coffee table that read: 'Dom's on his way to get you.' I looked at it and around at this apartment. The Grim Reaper's apartment. I could never tell anyone a single word about what I knew. It would be a secret Dom and I would have to take to the grave.