Chapter 81

Nick was sure to bury himself deep inside me as we fucked fast and hard. With the motion of the bed thudding against the wall, our breaths too were pounding against our lungs in a short panting breath. I grabbed Nick's back asking for more and more of him until the shrill ringing of a phone on full blast jolted me. Nick ignored it.

First it was my phone and then it was his. 

Whoever was trying to reach me was apparently trying to reach him too. I didn't find it to be a coincidence, but Nick wasn't paying attention. He just grabbed my jaw with his inked hand and crashed our mouths together in a passionate kiss that took my mind completely off the ringing phone.

Then came the banging. Not us, but the banging at the front door. 

This time it got Nick's full attention and his once deep thrusts slowed down while our ears searched for more sound. It's close to 1am. Who would that be? We heard voices maybe, but we were too far from the front of the apartment to pick up on anything other than the pounding fist on the door.

        "What the fuck" Nick growled out, angry he had to pull out of me and pissed someone would approach my home this way. "Stay here" he warned me. He was grabbing at his clothes on the ground trying to rip the condom off all at the same time. 

"No, it's my house. They're here to see me" I jumped off the bed and started reaching for all my clothes the same way. Nick's dark brows furrowed together. "I don't give a fuck who it is. Nobody should bang on your door like that. It could be trouble, Gia, stay here" he told me again.

As he made his way out of the room I rushed to put on the last of my pants before I was scurrying out behind him. All in the same moment I watched Nick swing the door open with his hand on his gun. I gasped when I saw what waited for us on the other side.

        When Nick swung open the front door I was met by the wild eyes of my Zio Tony, the red angry face of Giuseppe, and an apologetic Dom shrunken in the background while he searched for me in the room. Well this is embarrassing. 

"I told you" I heard Giuseppe hiss. Nick's outfit looked disheveled and I'm sure my hair was a mess. If it wasn't obvious what we were doing then Giuseppe called it out anyway to be sure and get the point across to all of us.

"He came straight from my office to come here and fuck the girl as I told him not to. You see now Tony, you see your niece" Giuseppe waved in my direction. My face flared up with red spread from cheeks down to my chest. My Zio looked disappointed and also embarrassed.

Nick's shoulders rolled back and I knew this wasn't good for any of us. 

        "Are you fucking kidding me?! You really went and told on Giada to her uncle, and had the fucking balls to come here and try to what? What the fuck are you doing here?!" Nick snapped at all three of them, not just his father. 

I've never snapped at my family so openly except a minor meltdown here and there when all that fire and funeral madness was happening.

All three men at the door looked either surprised or furious. Giuseppe being the furious one. He bounded straight inside without hesitation, which brought my uncle and cousin a step further in as well. 

I wanted to die. I wanted to be swallowed whole by the living room floor so I wasn't present at that moment. When Dom gave me the eyes I knew it was him who tried calling my cell phone and Nick's. He was trying to warn us, but we ignored it. Now I really wish I didn't.

       Giuseppe walked right up to Nick and stopped an arms length away. He too rounded his shoulders and was staring deeply into his son's eyes. It was a silent standoff that left the room so incredibly tense. I hated every second of it.