Chapter 75

I was feeling kind of nervous though I don't even know why. There was a dinner tonight and the TerraNova's were expected to be there. But so are the Luciano's, which means Nick and I will be in a very public scene for the first time since he and I started this secret romance. I don't know what I'm nervous about. 

Maybe because I have to wear the engagement ring tonight. Maybe because I'm afraid someone will notice our private glances and the sexual tension that rises whenever we're in breathing distance.

Maybe it's because Bianca Raguzza will be there and I know they fucked. Maybe because I won't be able to claim him and tell her to fuck off if she tries to go near him. I don't know. I just know these nerves sat raw in my gut all day.

        I went shopping with friends and picked out a dress for tonight. Nothing too crazy. Just a hot, yet appropriate dress to be around all the Italian old men and not get scolded for it. It was form fitting, but it went to mid thigh and showed only a healthy amount of cleavage. 

It hugged my backside well and I hope that's where Nick's eyes land tonight...and not on Bianca or any of the other crime family girls that'll be at this thing. It's a royal blue color which isn't something I often wear, but looks great in contrast to my Italian skin and particular eye color.

-

        "Bambina, you look beautiful," my Zia gasped and gave me a kiss on the cheek when I arrived at the house. We're going as a family, Dom picked me up and we went to his parents house to drive in together. My Zio Tony praised me also, and I was feeling good about how I looked tonight. 

I still had quiet nerves in my gut, but I figured that'll dissipate once I'm there and I see nothing bad happens.

I was wearing the engagement ring and it's not something I can so easily hide, but I did switch it to the opposite ring finger than the one meant for marriage. Still respectable.

        "You know who might be there," Dom spoke in a low voice to me while we started for my uncle's car. "Who?" I whispered since he clearly didn't want his parents to hear. "It's the Santoro girl...actually shit, you might not know her, huh?" He asked me.

Santoro? Didn't ring a bell.

"She's fucking hot, and we've, uh, hung out before. I'm hoping to hang out again," he smirked and I smacked his chest. He flinched but chuckled. "Hopefully Nico's got his eye on something else so he doesn't steal her attention from me," he muttered even lower. 

I scowled.

"What do you mean?!" I asked a little too quickly. Dom glanced at me as we slid into the back seat. "They've, uh, 'hung out' too. But I think he'll be occupied anyway," he was so freakin obvious about his insinuation. 

I rolled my eyes.

        "Did they actually 'hang out' or are you tryna mess with me?" I asked him because the nerves were bubbling up again. He chuckled softly, but pressed his lips closed when my uncle started talking to him about some work related topic. I had to wait for my answer, which was infuriating and flustering.

Dom nudged me silently while his dad was talking and I assume it was his way of telling me 'don't worry'. I hope so, because if some hot chick is openly all over Nick and I can't do anything about it.. It's gonna drive me crazy.

-

        The place was one we've frequented. The same restaurant the Luciano's shut down before for those private meetings, only this time it was a big dinner for the five families and a few other associates. It was for a reason I just don't know what the reason is.