⭐️ - Coming Home

~~~

"Button mash all you want, MK. You'll never beat my Ancient Galloping Fury Power." Mei taunted as she fought MK's character on the arcade cabinet across the street from the shop.

"Yeah! Get him Mei!" Peach cheered.

"Up smash, up smash!" Sandy chanted, MK huffed. "I'm trying, Sandy. Okay? I'm trying, I'm trying." He panicked as his character went into low hp area.

"No one can defeat me." Mei laughed, but paused when her phone rang. She took it out of her pocket and looked at the ID. Peach couldn't help but look.

It was her mom.

"Oh boy. Hi, Mom. Yes. Of course." Mei walked off. MK saw this as the perfect opportunity to beat her, but Peach wasn't having it.

"Oh no you don't, MK."  Peach took over for Mei and ended up beating him.

"Aw man!" MK groaned, face planting into the buttons.

"Yes, Mother." Mei sighed in defeat before hanging up.

"Hey, you okay there, Mei?" Sandy asked worriedly. Met scratched the back of her head. "Yeah. It's just— My parents— they want me to housesit." She said.

Sandy raised a brow. "And that's a bad thing?"

"No.  Me and my parents, we—"

"Uh, did Mei say sleepover at her house?" MK butt in between Mei and Sandy excitedly. "What? No. My parents would want --"

"Sleepover! I've always wanted to see inside Mei's secret Dragon House full of secret dragon stuff." MK listed in a creepy voice. "Come on, please? Please, please, please, please, please?"

Mei gave an apprehensive look, before caving in under he best friends puppy dog eyes. "Sleepover it is."

"Ah yeah. This sleepover is going to be amazing. You know what? I'll bring my Monkey King DVDs so we can have a marathon."

"MK, PEACH! BREAK'S OVER, BACK TO WORK!!" Pigsy yelled.

"You got it boss. See ya tonight Mei! Woohoo!" MK ran into the restaurant to continue with work.

"Mei, I'll make sure to keep an eye on him at your place, okay?" Peach assured Mei, who smiled gratefully. "Thanks."

Peach smiled before also entering the restaurant.

~~~

Peach, MK, Mei and Sandy all arrived at Mei's home. Which was much larger that Peach had anticipated, but seeing as how she could blow money like it was nothing, she probably should have expected that.

The house itself was a pristine white, with many shades of black, green and gold mixed in. Peach admired the golden dragon are on the black walls of the stone fence.

"It's even better than I thought. Growing up here must have been great." MK's eyes sparkled as he zoomed around to get a good look on everything.

"Yeah, I guess. But -- I don't know. When I was growing up, I just wanted to be rough and tumble. Break stuff. Look at bugs. You know, have fun just like normal girl stuff. But when your house is pretty much a museum and you come from a long line of ancient, noble dragons, that's kind of... frowned on." Mei exclaimed sadly. Oof- that hit pretty close to Peach, Mei's situation reminding her of how Daisy was growing up.