💫 - Minor Scale

~~~

"MK, are you alright?" Peach sat down at the counter, broom in hand, next to a dejected MK. She pushed his discarded bowl of noodles over to him and watched as he ate sadly. "You know how I can astral project now?" Peach nodded, prompting MK to continue. "Well, I contacted Monkey King, but he didn't wanna talk."

Peach frowned and sighed lightly. "MK, I know you're worried about Monkey King, but you need to let him enjoy his vacation, okay?"

MK nodded, resigned. "Yeah, you're right."

"Did he say anything else?" She asked, and that seemed to get MK to perk up. "Right! He told me to try shrinking myself!" He exclaimed excitedly, quickly scarfing down the rest of his noodles.

Peach paused from getting up. MK looked excited at the idea of being able to shrink and re-size himself, but the memories from her time being shrunk to the size of a bee wasn't fun. Running away from Piranha Plants and ravenous books was not fun.

"Think little, think little..." MK chanted to himself, whilst simultaneously hyping himself up. Pushing away her worries for now, she cheered for him. "You got this MK!"

Her cheering seemed to have worked, because in the span of a second, MK became as big as Mr.Fluff-Butt, with him fitting snugly into the palm of Peach's hand. The blonde princess placed him onto the counter. "Good job."

MK blushed at the praise. "Thanks. Look at me, isn't this cool?" Peach nodded, watching as MK ran around the counter and used his tiny size staff to pole vault to the other counter.

Peach didn't have it in herself to tell MK to stop, he was just so excited.

"MK! Peach! Break is over!" Pigsy's shout and the loud slam of the door opening startled MK, making him fall down the sink drain. Peach covered her mouth as she gasped, her eyes flickering between Pigsy and the sink where MK fell.

"Peach? You alright?" Pigsy asked. Peach took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah! I just remembered I forgot to give Mr.Fluff-Butt his snack! I'll be right back!" Without waiting for the demons answer, Peach rushed up to the apartment above the shop and into her room.

Mr.Fluff-Butt was content, doing a little dance with his wizard hat on. Of course, Peach will never forget anything when it relates to her pet spider, but 'forgetting' to feed Mr.Fluff-Butt was a perfect excuse.

She took off her uniform overshirt and replaced it with a simple black hoodie. She took a hat she borrowed from Mei and tucked her ponytail into it before bringing the hood up. "I'll be back." She whispered to Mr.Fluff-Butt before slipping out her window and down the fire escape stairs.

~~~

"Think big, think big..." MK muttered to himself as he escaped the spiders in the alleyway he ended up in. The only downside to shrinking is the fact that spiders are even bigger now!

"Eep!" He shook off the gross water that he stuck his foot in. He looked at his foot, the the puddle, grossed out. "Ew..."

"MK? You back here?" The voice startled him also, and his powers finally decided to work, sizing him back to his regular height. "MK!" He looked at the person, who was obviously Peach, but she wore a disguise. "You're okay!"

"Yeah! I'm okay! Take that stupid puddle! Nyeh!" MK kicked the puddle, splashing water around. Peach cringed. "Don't kick it."

"Yeah, bad idea." MK stuck his tongue out at his even more wet sneakers.