💫 - To Catch A Leaf

~~~

A few days have passed since the shadow play incident, and MK came down with the hiccups. A very bad case of the hiccups.

"This is the worse case of hiccups I've ever seen. How'd it happen?" Pigsy wondered as MK hiccuped, which caused another earthquake.

"So, remember how you told MK not to enter that beef ball-eating contest?" Mei began, and Peach slapped her hand on her face, slightly wincing on impact.

Pigsy crossed his arms, looking at them like a stern dad. "Under no circumstances, yeah."

"Five hundred beef balls in five minutes. Yeah, boy!" MK cheered and Mei looked at her camera roll awkwardly.

"Yeah, we think that might have been cursed." She said, one of her photos revealing the emcee to be a demon.

"So good though." MK said, then hiccuped again, making Peach stumble. He caught her. "Thanks." She stood herself upright, overlooking the flustered blush on his face.

"MK, of all the thoughtless adventure setups you could think of, this one takes the cake." Pigsy scolded.

"We tried everything. I tried rubbing his belly, giving him a good scare, and hitting all his pressure points! But nothing worked." Mei listed, she then turned to Tang. "Oh, Mr. Tang, you've gotta know some ancient techniques for, uh, food poisoning curses, right?"

"Right, Noodle Guy? Huh? Huh?" MK got into Tang's personal space, making the scholar lean back uncomfortably. Peach pulled him away and handed him a glass of water.

"I find when I'm not feeling so hot, a special brew of tea perks me right up." Sandy says, and Peach perks up with a smile. "Oh, yes! Tea always does the trick for me!"

"Oh, Sandy is in this one I see." Tang muttered under his breath, and Peach ignored his rudeness for keeping MK grounded.

The noodle boy hiccups again, and Peach holds on tightly to him, also hanging on to Mei's hand so she wouldn't fall off her chair.

"Uh, Sandy, Peach, something tells me that a bit of loose leaf ain't gonna help us in this particular scenario!" Pigsy exclaimed in irritation.

Sandy and Peach both crossed their arms with a pout. "Don't underestimate the power of the tea leaves. Besides, I'm not talking about any old tea. I'm talking about the tea made from the leaf of the wild crimson jimson weed. An ancient and powerful flower, said to influence over mortality itself. In the wrong hands, deadly. In the right ones, deadlier!" Sandy exclaimed.

Tang looked fully concerned now. "Uh, we're not trying to kill him, Sandy. We just want to cure his hiccups."

Sandy waved his hand. "Cure, kill. You say potato, I say potato. However, the crimson jimson weed only grows in the Mystic Jungle of the Emerald Lynx. So who's gonna get it?" Sandy asked. Pigsy and Tang look at each other then at Sandy, who shook his head. "What? No, no, no, no. I'm strictly a water adventure kind of guy."

Tang stood up and yelled out, "MK's life is at stake!"

Sandy considered, then nodded. "I'll do it, for my friends!"

"And I'll come with!" Peach joined in and Sandy nodded along.

Tang looks down at one of his books, flipping through the pages before landing on what he was looking for. "Hmm. Crimson jimson weed produces just one flower and blooms under a light of a Crimson Moon."

MK gasped. "That's tonight!"

"By the Gods of Plot Convenience. Let's go!" Sandy and Peach both ran out of the noodle shop as Mei waved them off