💫 - Pig Pong Panic

~~~

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!" A shrill scream came from the dining area of Pigsy's Noodles, making pedestrians close by look in worry and confusion.

Inside, Mei was curled up on the floor, crying her eyes out, while Peach awkwardly pat her back. Peach was worried, Pigsy just looked tired and Tang was incredibly confused.

"MEI! What happened? What's wrong?" MK, who heard the commotion, ran through the doorway in a hurry.

"MK! Monkey Mech! It broke!! All my high scores, GONE!" Mei cried even harder after explaining, Peach gave her a comforting hug, which made the dragon girl shove her face in Peach's chest, muffling her louder crying.

"There there, Mei." Peach cooed kindly in an attempt to calm her down. Instead, she continued sobbing and explaining everything to MK. "He said he was gonna replace it with a ping pong table!"

"It's only temporary until the machine is repaired." Pigsy grumbled out, tired of Mei's crying.

MK looked concerned, however, as well as Tang. Said scholar turned to Pigsy with a deep, worried frown. "You're not going to go all 'competitive ping pong-er' on us, are you?" He asked.

Pigsy crossed his arms with a huff. "Pshhh, those days are behind me Tang, you know that." Tang looked unconvinced, but shrugged and let it go, knowing that it would do no good to keep bothering him about it.

Peach looked at the two confused, but also shrugged it off like Tang and returned to comforting Mei, wiping her tears with a napkin.

As Mei was busy soaking in all of Peach's attention like a dry sponge in a desert, MK went to the doorway of the restaurant after hearing a knock.

"Uhhhh, delivery for 'MK'?" The delivery person said boredly. MK took the package from the delivery person, signed the clipboard and returned.

"What is it MK?" Mei asked, quickly recovering from her sob fest on Peach. Said blonde looked over MK's shoulder to catch a glimpse of the box. "I dunno." MK said as he opened the box with excitement and curiosity.

"Hey, a note from Monkey King!" MK exclaimed excitedly. Peach noticed that ever since Wukong left for vacation, MK was feeling pretty down. No doubt that this note lifted his spirits just a bit.

He scanned the note quickly, noting something about a 'blindfold', 'training' and 'learning to listen' but he payed no mind to the whole thing, tossing it aside and grabbing a golden silk bandana.

"Huh, a training session. While he isn't here?" Peach said, intrigued as she read the note. MK excitedly tied the bandana over his eyes.

"Huh, neat blindfold MK, looks good on you!" Mei complimented as she pulled at the tails of the blindfold, snickering as MK almost fell backwards.

"Okay, bet it looks good, but I can't see a thing. Maybe I should take it off so I can get to training." MK pulled to untie it, but the knot wouldn't budge. He tried pulling it off, but it was stuck tight on his head.

"It won't come off!" MK yelled out as he tried pulling it down. Mei joined in pulling on it, but it was still on over his eyes.

"MK, looks like the bandana is the training." Peach stated. MK and Mei hummed in confusion, prompting her to continue. "According to Monkey King, the blindfold is a tool to get you to truly listen to others, and won't come off until that happens."

"So he needs to learn to listen?" Mei asked. Peach nodded. "Seems so."

"Oh, just great! How am I supposed to deliver now!?" MK groaned.