⭐️ - Skeleton Key

Finally, the chapter. Brought to you by my work related sleep deprivation :D

~~~

At the Flaming Foundry, Bull Clones continue to dig up the tomb. The Bull Clones noticed a blue spirit as they hear a whisper, then came an explosion, causing the Bull Clones to be blown back. Princess Iron Fan walks up to the tomb next to her husband.

"Another infernal obstacle keeping me from my destiny!" Bull King roared in frustration. Iron Fan pat his hand lovingly. "Patience, my love."

Bull King ripped his hand away from hers to fully face her, growling in anger. "I've been patient long enough. I need that power!" He yelled at her.

Iron Fan looked at him in shock for a second, before glaring at him and approaching the tomb, placing her hands on the lock and reciting a spell. There was a beat of silence before she sighed and removed her hands.

"The power that crafted this tomb is beyond my skill. Without an artifact of equal strength, there is nothing we can do. We're locked out." She exclaimed.

Before Bull King could throw another fit, Red Son came to to them with some holographic panels. "Not for long! All we need is a key and look what I found." He swiped over the panels to reveal an oddly shaped key with a skull topper. They all looked at it before smirking evilly.

~~~

"Thank you for this amazing turnout." The Mayor smiled brightly as he stood at a podium in Pigsy's noodle shop, the only ones there were him, MK, Mei, Peach, Pigsy and Tang.

"Woo-hoo! Let's hear it for Monkie Kid! Hero of the city!" Mei cheered. Peach clapped politely while everyone else just sat and watched.

"As mayor, I hereby give Monkie Kid the key to our fair city." The Mayor turned to face MK, his body moved first then his head. His are awkwardly extended the key out, almost as if he didn't want to let it go.

Despite that, he let MK grab the key anyways. It was shaped weirdly, little gold pieces stick out like some odd puzzle and it had a golden skull with blue eyes for a topper.

"Um, uh, what does this key do, exactly?" MK asked, gingerly holding the key in both hands, afraid to see if he would break it.

The Mayor smirked with a laugh as placed his elbow on the podium, leaning to the side. "Oh, you'll love this. It has the power to open anything!"

"Ooh, anything? Like a pet shop full of puppies?" Mei excitedly asked, jumping onto the podium and forcing The Mayor to lean away from her.

The Mayor's grin widened as he gently moved Mei off the podium. "Yes. Or the door to a lion's cage, or an orphan's piggy bank, an imprisoned mistic power source." He explained creepily, before shaking his head to snap out of his moment. "Whatever you like! Today, you can do no wrong. You've got my permission. 'Cause I'm the mayor!" The Mayor laughed maniacally before poofing away in a blue smoke cloud.

Mei leaned against the podium, looking at the spot quizzically, before facing to MK. "Huh. I'm starting to think, that's maybe not the mayor." She said, shaking her head.

"You think?" Peach deadpanned as she looked at the key, her eyes narrowed dangerously. She didn't trust that key, and after getting a better look at the Mayor, she didn't trust him either. A key that can open anything is bound to just be trouble.

"Wow. A key that can open anything." MK muttered out in awe, staring at the key with sparkles in his eyes.

Then MK dragged Mei out of the restaurant, thankfully noticing how Peach didn't want to get caught up in skeleton key shenanigans.