💫 - Game On

~~~

Peach woke up the next day with a huge headache, which let her off work. The moment she stepped out of her room and into the restaurant, Pigsy was adamant she didn't work that day, handing her a glass of water, some medication for her headache, and a bowl of freshly made noodles.

Sometime during the day, MK had made his way out of the city and over to Flower Fruit Mountain. The paranoia from yesterday was still in full swing, and everyone was worried for the two. Two of the most extroverted people they know, come home in stunned, terrified silence, and they still won't spill what happened.

Peach was on call with MK, who was with Sandy and Mei in Monkey King's home. He didn't go into much detail with those two, knowing that they'll worry just as much as Pigsy and Tang would, all he said was that he needed to find something that can help them defeat a big baddie that would be coming soon.

"Okay, there's pretty much nothing I can see here." MK exclaimed, his phone camera flipped over to show his dejected face, and Peach released a resigned sigh. "Maybe it's time to look somewhere else?"

"NO! There has to be something here!" MK's shout made Peach jump, startled at the suddenness. "MK, calm down." Taking deep breaths, MK calmed down. He looked like a kicked puppy as he apologized. "Sorry..." "It's okay." Peach replied calmly. "Perhaps try another spot? Looking in one place isn't beneficial."

MK nodded. "Right, you're right." The shaking of the screen signified him walking to another spot. "Maybe over here...?" He muttered to himself, rummaging through the pile for a bit. Just when Peach thought that the search was fruitless, MK's face lightened up. "Look at this!" He pulled up a console with a VR headset, and Peach looked at it curiously.

"I didn't think Monkey King would have something like that." Peach admitted and MK shrugged. "I didn't either, but look!" He pulled out a fighting game with Monkey King on the cover. "A fighting game! Maybe this can show me some sort of super secret ultra attack!"

"Maybe." Peach agreed, and the camera shook much more violently as MK ran over to Mei and Sandy to show them his finding.

"Sorry Peach, gotta play this game. I'll call you back if I find anything!"

"Okay."

Aaaaaaaaaand MK hung up. Sighing, Peach put her phone down on the table and her head in her arms as she stared out the window, looking at the buildings across the street that blocked her view of the skyline.

She sighed again and got up, putting her phone in her pocket. She grabbed her black hoodie, as well as her helmet and walked downstairs.

"Hey, you feelin' better?" Pigsy asked, and Peach nodded. "Yeah. I was getting a bit restless, so I'm going for a drive, be back soon."

Peach exited the restaurant and turned to the alleyway that hid her bike. It was covered with a simple tarp, so she yanked it off and mounted her bike.

Key in ignition? Check.

Helmet secure? Check.

Mirrors in position? Check.

Hotel? Trivago.

She revved up her bike before setting off into the streets of Megapolis.

~~~

"Whaaaaat???" MK looked at the VR screen in confusion as May laughed on the couch behind him. Sandy was quiet, just as confused as he was.

He knew that Monkey King was pretty self-centred, but this was on a whole other level. "I'm sending this to Peachy, this is hilarious!" Mei said between gasps for air, a shutter snapped.