💫 - Sleep Bug

~~~

When Peach woke up, she had t expected to be met with Pigsy, Tang and Pei all sprawled out asleep in the restaurant.

"Uhmm, guys?" Peach poked Tang's cheek, but he didn't stir awake, simply unconsciously rolling to the other side. "Hello?"

Peach worriedly looked around and saw Perry asleep next to Mei. Perry began getting along with the others aside from Peach. The blonde spotted a random customer passed out in the doorway. She rushed to look outside, only to gasp in shock at seeing pretty much everyone on the street passed out.

"Goodness. What happened?"

Sleep Bug! Download from the App Store today!

Mei's phone went off. Looking at the screen, Peach saw an ad for a weird app.

"Sleep Bug...?" She muttered, confused. Was this app making people actually fall asleep?

"Guys!? Is anyone awake?"

"MK!"

In came MK, looking at the sleeping forms of his friends. But he brighter when he saw Peach, wide awake and aware.

"Peach!" He tackled her in a hug. "You're okay!" 'I'm so glad she's okay.'

"Yeah I'm fine. But do you have any ideas what's going on? Everyone's just sleeping." Peach pondered.

MK walked over to Pigsy, who was wrapped up in Christmas lights (how did he get like that??). He poked him. "Boss? Helloooo?"

"Mgh. MK, make me proud, son."

Peach stared at Pigsy weirdly. "Uhh, MK! You okay?" MK teared up before full on sobbing, reminiscent of Peach when she cries. Said woman cringed. "Thanks Dadsyyy!"

Sleep Bug! Download from the App Store today!

MK took out his phone, the ad Peach saw on Mei's phone was on is as well. MK groaned. "Ugh, I've been getting this all morning! Not interested."

"Strange. I saw the same ad on Mei's phone." Peach said. MK hummed in thought, looking like that one math meme with the woman and the geometry.

Peach didn't really get it.

Sleep Bug. Download from the App Store today!

Peach's eyes twitched in irritation. The ad was already becoming annoying.

"I got it!" MK yelled out. "That the app is making everyone sleep?" Peach asked. MK nodded. "Exactly! And there's only one way to stop it!"

Peach raised a brow. "What is it? Hack everyone and delete it?" She asked.

"Nope! We need to get to, the Cloud."

~~~

At the Cloud, Peach looked up at the large building. "Here it is! We need to get in, destroy Sleep Bug, and get out." MK stated. He sped up on the cloud bike he was using, but he definitely couldn't use it on stairs, they crashed into the stairs and rolled up, somehow stopping before the door on their own two feet. The cloud bike slowly hovered up to their side.

"Okay, this should be pretty easy, hopefully." Peach prepared her parasol. Not Perry, since he was also asleep thanks to Sleep Bug, but just her simple pink one with white frills.

The pink and yellow duo climbed up the steps and silently slipped in through the door. MK stopped short, a look of panic on his face.

Peach looked to where he was looking, seeing two giant guards both asleep on either side of the entrance hall.