VIII

Eddy lay back on the hotel bed, his hands folded under his head, and watched Brett dress. He was feeling an awful lot better after eight solid hours of sleep. He yawned softly and stretched his head a bit so he could see Brett better. Oh, he could watch that man all day. How long had they been together now? Years, and you'd think he would have seen it all by now, but yet he knew very well that he would never tire of him. Of the way he moved, the way he pulled on his white button down shirt with sure strokes, the way it fell softly over the swell of his pecs. 
He wouldn't mind biting those pecs, to be honest. 
He smiled to himself and shifted a bit in the bed. 
"You like what you see?"
Brett had turned to him, button between his nimble fingers, and was smiling shyly. Eddy could feel his cheeks colouring, no matter how stupid that was. There was no reason to be shy, was there?
"Yeah. You're gorgeous." he said quietly. He moved the sheet back and got up in one movement. He walked the couple of steps over to his love and swiped his hair back off his forehead. Then he kissed him gently, first on the slight bit of stubble on his cheek, on his chin, then on his lips. "The best." he said in his ear.
"You're biased though." Brett whispered against his cheek. 
Eddy let go of him and stroked his hair again. 
"Nope. No way."

He could tell Brett wanted to say something else, but he seemed to think better of it. 
"Much as I could stay in here for the day with you, we should get dressed." he hummed. 
Eddy nodded. 
"Yeah. Give me two secs in the bathroom."
He peed quickly, brushed his teeth on the double, hopped back into the room and shot into his clothes. Brett had his violin case in his hands already. He was right, of course, they were almost late. As usual. Would they ever manage to get down to the lounge downstairs and eat the lush breakfast with the great rice balls like civilised people again? 

They met Todd and Ian in the hallway, waiting for the lift, and Eddy's face broke out in a huge smile. Their hands were together, their fingers intertwined. They looked like they hadn't slept very much, but both of their faces were absolutely radiant. 
"So, beauty sleep working for you much?" he joked.
"Yes Eddy, thank you." Todd said gregariously. Pissing on Todd's fire was clearly not an option, right now. "So er... just to let you guys know, I called my mum, just now. Ian called his folks too, but they didn't pick up. So I guess... well, yeah, we're officially out, now."
"Wow!" 
Eddy tried not to feel the little sting in his heart, and he tried not to see Brett's. No such luck, of course. He met his eyes before he could help it, and could see very well how his happiness for his friends warred with that very same sting behind the deadpan eyes, behind the kind smile. 
"Awesome." Brett said with the tiniest of shrugs, that Eddy was sure the boys wouldn't pick up on. "I think we're having dinner with the whole orchestra later, right?"
"Yep. Some sort of buffet type thing, I think. But let's go, yeah? We'll be late."
"You'll be the talk of the town."
Todd grinned as the doors opened and stepped into the lift. 
"Fucking well see if I care."
Ian stepped with him, never letting go of his hand. Then he leaned over and kissed Todd gently, on the lips. Eddy almost giggled, it was still so new, so strange. So good, though. 
"Exactly." Ian said definitively.