Happy Birthday Minoru!

~With Kai~

Well, it's my mentor's birthday today and the best part is that I have a match at an NXT live event, so why not do something special for Minoru?

He's my father figure and what better way to say happy birthday, then to dress up as him and move like him?

I have the gear I need and it's not my regular gear: track jacket, trunks, knee pads, and boots.

Instead, for one night only, I'm wearing only my trunks, boots, and a Suzuki-Gun towel over my head, which is what Minoru would always wear to the ring. I have his entrance all figured out and I can't mess this entrance up.

Masami even offered to record the whole entrance at ringside with the fans to send to Minoru after my match. I even have a special something on a towel that I had the designers the company has and it's so special that I want to show this to him and to the fans.

In the St. Petersburg Armory, I was in the babyface locker room as I got dressed in my trunks, boots, white wrist tape, and the towel on my head and the towel I specifically had the designers work on.

I was in the main event against Aleister Black, so I think this should be a good match.

After Black made his entrance, I asked the DJ to play the 2018 version of Kaze Ni Nare, and he did as I waited to come out.

I learned at NXT house shows, you have a certain type of freedom to express yourself, which I think is so awesome and I peeked a bit to see Masami taking pics with the fans while waiting for me.

When the song played after the wind sound effect, the crowd knew what was happening. They thought it was actually Minoru, but the titantron saved the whole thing because it showed my name as the lyrics blared into the whole place...

Speakers: Oshieteyo hito wa naze sagashitsuzukeruno?

Kagirinaku setsunai ashita no

Yume wo!

The electric guitar was just hyping everyone up as the fans started clapping along and I know that I would kill them if they didn't, just like Minoru when he makes his entrance in the States.

When the instrumental part of the song was done, I went out to a huge roar from the crowd as I saw Masami smiling and trying to hold back her laughter.

I decided to walk around the ring, showing off the towel, which is this...

...until I got to the side where Masami was recording the whole thing.

I went up on the apron, clapping and telling them to get ready to shout out the line that would be the most famous in this song.